Monday, June 30, 2008

Picture Perfect Weekend

I had the BEST time with my new camera this weekend. Although I really don't know what I am doing yet, I learned a lot taking "mock" engagement pictures of our friends Kelsey and Kellen, who are not planning on tying the knot yet, but these may have motivated them a little! :)I tried playing around with a lot of different settings, f-stops, ISO and focal points, so I found out a lot of little tricks, and I made a few mistakes which are good for me to learn from. I am so happy about how these few came out. There are TONS more, but I haven't had a chance to play around with them yet. I feel good that my first time using the XSI worked out so well! Go me!
We took these shots at Butchart Gardens in BC Canada. It was beautiful up there. We caught the Anacortes ferry at 8 in the morning and then spent the whole day enjoying the sights.There are plenty more pictures of the gardens, so I will get those posted soon. It seriously looked like a fairy tale there. The landscaping is breathtaking. Even the guys had a good time, which is saying a lot!
After the gardens, we headed into Sidney and played around at the butterfly gardens. It was so much fun, and again, lots of pictures to come of bugs.Oh yes, and a gross kissy picture of Matt and I because I loved how the picture of "The K's" turned out under the yellow dog wood.

5 comments:

Colton said...

Congratulations! I'm a hopeless photography nerd, too, but you have an eye for pictures that puts me to shame! Your camera sounds amazing! Awesome! I expect great things! Like pictures of all your innocent and helpless animal victims, you serial killer!

Ivy said...

Awesome pictures!!!

Alycia said...

beautiful! feel free to take pictures of us anytime. :)

allison said...

seriously, want to test on my kids. I would let you. Don't beg. Stop twisting my arm.

Sabs said...

these are such amazing pics! i absolutely love victoria too! I sat behind your mamma and pops at church, no worries they behaved themselves:)