Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Last Minute Wakeboarding

A few months ago we met a couple that lives on the other side of the lake from us. They have been calling us on every sunny day to meet up for wakeboarding, but we have always had other plans. Until last night. Although it wasn't the nicest of days, it was still a lot of fun. They had to use dry suits to keep from freezing, but surprisingly the water wasn't unbearable. The wind was a little chilly, but it was fun to get out on the water for the first time this season. Matt was really excited to use his new board, and he did really good for having a sore shoulder (jiu-jitsu injury) and not having wakeboarded for a while.I on the other hand, am a MAJOR cold water wuss. My biggest pet peeve is to be cold, so I stayed dry and content on the boat with my new friend, Woody. We had a good time watching the boys and enjoying the view of Mount Pilchuck. Woody was even very helpful drying off the guys as they got back into the boat :)
We are very happy to have friends so close by, not to mention, friends with a boat who are as willing to go wakeboarding on a whim as we are!

2 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

that's what we need too - friends with benefits. ;)

Colton said...

Oh, THAT looks like fun! My biggest problem with wakeboarding is that I find it very nerve-racking. Something about the fact that only one person can go at a time and everyone else just has to watch and wait for you to do something spectacular makes me uncomfortable. Snowboarding, on the other hand, allows me to make a complete idiot out of myself without everyone else being affected to turn around and pick me up. Maybe I just went with a bunch of tightwads.

And that was brave of Matt to euthanize Peter for you, since I once had to murder dozens of baby rabbits on his behalf. I'm sure you know that story, though.