Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Monsoon

I knew it wasn't going to be good news when my Dr's office called the next day regarding my biopsy. The nurse seriously started off by asking "Are you in a good position to talk? You're not driving or anything? Because I really need all of your attention."


Yeah, that's a great start. Thanks Nurse Nancy.


Well, they believe that I have cervical cancer. I have the highest level of abnormal cells (CM3) which usually means that there are cancerous cells somewhere on the cervix, if the CM3 cells aren't cancerous already. Since I have been getting tested for this so often, they are sure that they caught everything early, and that the cells recently changed to this high level. They are starting off by doing a LEEP/Electrocautery procedure to see where the cells are coming from, and how deep into the tissue they go. I have spoken to a friend who has undergone this surgery, and she says that it is not much different than the biopsies, and its close to painless. I am not too worried about the procedure, even though they are literally electrocuting my insides and then cauterizing the wounds (sounds like fun!) but they have asked me to get back on birth control, because getting pregnant right now, would complicate the situation.

So, after a year and a half of waiting, dreaming and praying for a baby, I am being told to wait longer. I am trying my best to think positive, and I know that "The Lord will provide" and "Things will happen when they are supposed to" should be my daily motto, but I just cant help but be angry, frustrated and tearful. Its so hard to be told one day that you "should be pregnant in the next month" and the next day informed that "you'll have to wait."

Not to mention, the word "cancer" is never what you want to hear. I have been reading a lot about it, and my friend Shannon and I were joking this morning that cervical cancer is "The Good Cancer" since its rare to die from it, and once its removed, there are usually no further complications. Not to mention, women who have had their cervix removed due to this disease, can still have children.

So right now, I am praying for a better attitude, comfort, faith, health and new shoes :) I think I deserve them. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be with family this weekend, even though the reasons for the reunion are sad, and Im sure it will be an emotional time, I am really excited to be with so many people that care about one another. I am also so thankful for my husband, his support and the pretty flowers he brought me last night.

I know that many of you are praying for our family right now, and we appreciate those as well.

16 comments:

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Hi Holly, I know we don't know each other well, bu tI came accross your blog. Just wanted to let you know that I will definitely keep you in my prayers! I am wishing you the best girl.
-Mandy

The Cox Trio said...

Friend! I'm glad I checked the blog or I wouldn't know about this... Do Presbyterian prayers count? Teehee :-). You have become such a close friend to me over the past months and I'm sorry to see you go through all this. Keep your chin up and know that you have an amazing circle of family and friends to love on you.

The Dillon 6 said...

I don't know what to say Hottie, because I know you don't want to hear anything other than, "Congratulations, you don't have cancer, and you've just given birth to a very healthy, happy baby boy/girl (whichever it is you want)...and I can't tell you that.

Know that you are in our prayers. We love you!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

Holly the greatest thing to know and right now it's tough but I always like to think, "This too shall pass." Our prayers are with you and Matt. We know the Lord will carry you through this tough time. It is great you have such a good husband to care for you.
-doug

Lindsey said...

Holly my love I admire you attitude! Way to stay positive. At this point this is all you can do. Honestly I am so admirable of your outlook. You are my hero:) I love you and will keep you in my prayers. Keep me posted and keep up the great outlook!
PS I will be in the area for the next three weeks, babysitting for the Fairbanks. If possible I would love to see you:) I'll call ya!

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Holly you are in our prayers! We are excited to see you and Matt this weekend. Have I ever told you that think you are just beautiful? You really are! Just like you said, the Lord has his plan and things will always work out the way they are supposed to. We love you both and look forward to seeing you this weekend.
Shari

Kylee said...

Holly, I am sorry to hear the news. I can't imagine how tough that would be. Keep up the positive attitude and prayers, because sometimes that is the only thing that can help us in times like these. Know that the Lord loves you and wants what is best for you. Our job is to find out how the things we go through really are the best for us in the long run. You are a great inspiration to me. Go buy some new shoes and do things you couldn't do if you were pregnant. That is one thing that has helped me. I will pray for you

The Powells said...

Hey Holly - we'll be keeping you in our prayers too. I'm sure you have no idea how many people are praying for you - but we're all out here doing it! Good luck with everything.

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Holly! We will keep you in our prayers and hope you know that you have soo many people who love you and are thinking of you. Being positive is probably tough but my mom always says "this too shall pass". I know its been forever since we have chatted but I really do still laugh at all the times we hung out. Thanks for that!! love you girl!
Rachel

Elizabeth said...

Everything that you want, wish for and are meant to have will be yours one day. Good things happen to good people and you're definitely good peeps Holly!

Colton said...

Maybe you haven't gotten pregnant because this thing needed to be discovered and fixed first. Like you said, you would not want to be going through this while pregnant.

I don't know anything about it. I do know one thing, though. You probably don't realize the affect that you have on us. You have a lot of quiet fans. Seeing you and Matt handle your struggles so bravely and faithfully gives me a little more courage with my own beasts. Don't despair, I'm counting on you to show me how to be awesome!

Alycia said...

Everyone has already said so much and I agree with all of them. Holly, you really are an inspiration the way you are able to handle these things. I'm sorry to hear that the biopsy didn't go well but I'm glad they were able to catch it early, thank goodness for modern technology. I'm really glad we've been able to get to know you guys in the last couple of months. Please let me know when you get back in town and if I can do anything for you, we could even have an Indiana Jones movie night if it will lift your spirits. :) I hope you have a great time in Arizona (despite the circumstances) with all of your family.

Nick and Tiffany said...

Holly~

I'm so sorry for all that you're going through. We love you and Matt and you're in our prayers.

Love you,

Nick & Tiffany

Kathryn said...

Holly come out and you can borrow one of my kids! I really want to see you again! I wish we had hung out more while I was there!!!

Stef said...

You are such a trooper and you just amaze me. You have been fighting so much and yet you still remainpositive. The frustration, tears and anger are all normal I'm sure but you are being so amazing about it and I admire you and your strength. Keep your spirits up and we'll all be keeping you in our thoughts prayers and hearts. We love you! Let us know what happening next!

Sabs said...

oh my poor holly! I'm currently in tears afer reading your post. Some things just don't seem fair at all! I will certainly keep you in my prayers and hope that you find the strength and comfort that only the Lord can provide. I love you!