Tuesday, June 10, 2008

When it rains...

it pours.
And it has been wet here all weekend.


Sunday afternoon, by Dad called me to inform me that my Grandma had had two very serious strokes in a row, and it was not going to be long before she passed. She has been struggling with her health for a year now, but its always hard to get news like this.


Monday morning I got up to get ready for my Drs appointment, something I have been dreading for at least 10 months, and I listened to a message on my phone that informed me that Grandma Bailey had passed away peacefully that morning.
I hope that Loni doesn't mind me using this photo, but I love it. She snapped this a few months back while visiting family.This is a picture of my grandparents holding hands. They are amazing people, and have been through so much together. I love them both very much, and I will miss Grandma immensely.
My biopsy went better than I expected, but still not fun. I actually ended up having 3. Luckily I got drugged, so I didn't have such a bad recovery as the last time. I took the day off work, which was nice because when I got home, I found our cat Princess to be almost lifeless. She has been sick for a few days, but the good news is, I was able to force feed her, and get some liquids down. She has improved a lot, thank heavens.



I am SO emotional right now with all that we are going through. It really doesn't sound like much, but for some reason it has really done a number on me. I didn't realize I was so stressed out about things until this weekend, when it was too late, and I just had to snap. I found myself getting teary eyed at the dumbest things, and I almost cant help but laugh at myself. I know that women are supposed to feel this way every once and I while, but I am not one to have "feelings." Matt can agree to that one for sure. I pity him right now for having to put up with me! I am not even on hormones yet!!!



We will be heading down to Arizona on Thursday to see family and to take part in the funeral services. Grandma had asked me and my cousin Brittany to sing "Come, Come Ye Saints" which I am dreading due to the fact that that song already makes me cry when I am not singing it at a funeral. I will never make it through the song.



I wills say though, that I am looking forward to the Arizona sun. Something I need desperately after this weekend.

4 comments:

Nick and Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry sweetie. I know what a hard thing it is; I think I scared Nick when my grandma died about a year ago, I don't remember being that emotional at anytime in my life. Know we love you and we have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Alycia said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma Holly... and everything else going on. I hope we didn't make things worse when we came over on Sunday. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'll gladly feed your cat, or watch your dogs while your away, just let me know.

Crysler's said...

holly i'm so sorry!!! I called you and left a message... i feel a little guilty about being selfish and wanting to see you, but i work 5 minutes from the airport and i would love if you could just stop by for a minute. I love you a lot and I hope that you are doing ok.

Love,

DeAnna (and Brad!) :-)

The Dillon 6 said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma ~ one more downpour in your monsoon of life right now.