Monday, June 23, 2008

Quiddler Filled Weekend

The weekend started off and ended with us playing our new favorite game, Quiddler. After playing until 1 o'clock in the morning with Kelsey, Kellen and Brett on Friday, we knew that we were addicted. Matt and I were introduced to this game over a year ago by our friends the Clarks, but we had forgotten about it until last weekend when my mom had brought her deck on the plane. Now, we have our own :)



Saturday morning Courtney and I met up with Shannon and Chelsea at Fisher's Plaza in Seattle where we ate a fair share of Crepe's. Mmm. Tasty.
Then Matt and I went out to dinner with the Loftus's and then headed over to their place for, you guessed it, more Quiddler.
The point of the game is to make words out of the hand that you are dealt. You start off with 3 cards, and then work your way up to ten, trying to get the highest score in the end. The picture below is the hand I got, and the record for lowest score ever! If you cant make a word out of the cards, the numbers on the letters get taken away from your total.We always end up playing until the wee hours of the morning, and things get a little weird....
We also played the game on Sunday after dinner with Matt's parents who seemed to enjoy the game as much as we did.
If your're interested in playing, come on over to our place! The chances of us already playing when you arrive are pretty high!

6 comments:

Clark Family said...

Yea!! I am glad you guys are addicted to Quiddler too. We have been down that road many times, although I get frustrated when I can't beat Brad. Too bad we don't live closer and we could play together again. Thanks for mentioning us in your blog...I now feel famous!

whitney said...

i might have to try that crepe place downtown. i love crepes. also, that game looks amazing. i am not that much of a game person, but that looks like a blast. have you ever played apples to apples? thats another winner! talk soon.

Chelsea said...

Yes! Finally I make it into the blog :) It was so good to see you on Saturday!

The Dillon 6 said...

I can't believe we haven't seen this one yet.

When I was growing up my mom had an electric crepe maker...a pan that plugged into the wall...and we LOVED to eat crepes. Aubrey asked for them recently, but making them one at a time in a saute pan does NOT excite me. ;)

BJClark said...

It's about time we get mentioned on this blog.:) I am still undefeated but I might be afraid to go up against you two since you play so much.

Alycia said...

That was fun! We'll have to play again.