Thursday, June 26, 2008

Giddiness!

Last night, I experienced pure giddiness! Matt surprised me with the Canon Rebel XSI that I have been eyeing since before it was even available. Matthew is my favorite!!



I had just gotten out of the bath when he asked me to get his cell phone from his coat pocket for him. Inside the pocket was not a cellular device, but a Kits Camera card and a lens filter. When I went into the office to ask "What is this for?" he had a wrapped gift sitting out on the table for me. I knew what it was immediately!! Isn't he so great?!
We had tons of fun last night checking out all the cool little gadgets and accessories for this camera, but I haven't had a chance to take any pictures with it yet since the battery wasn't charged. I am trying to figure out what I want my first REAL shot to be of, but I haven't decided.



I am hoping that I get good enough at photography that I can use my design and Photoshop skills to create a little side job. Don't you think that I look like a professional?Minus the pajamas, pony tail and make-up less face, I think I look like I know what I'm doing!

Photography is something I have wanted to do since my dad bought me this little gem of a machine for my 14th birthday. Of course, the Canon AE-1 used film and there was a whole other side of this in the dark room that I had to figure out. I am happy that I now have a digital, but there is so much to learn!!
I am so thankful for Matt for being so supportive of me and my little fantasies. I made a promise to him last night that I would work hard on learning about my new camera, and I am sure that I will love every minute of it! I just took this picture with my sad little powershot looking on in disdain as it realizes it has been replaced...poor thing. Doesn't it look so sad? Don't worry little one, you are still very useful, and we have had many adventures together! I couldn't get rid of you. :)
If anyone has any tips or ideas for me, I would love to hear them (Jessica!). Ill post some cool pictures soon!!

5 comments:

Kylee said...

What a great surprise! I have also always wanted to learn more about photography, and have been looking into classes. I still need a great camera. Maybe I will show my husband your blog as a hint. :)

The Cox Trio said...

Yippee for Matt! I'm happy you got your beloved camera, enjoy taking pictures this weekend.

The Dillon 6 said...

you better hold on to that cute little point-n-shoot, my friend. Sometimes it's nice to have an old friend along for a ride...an old friend who doesn't weigh much and can fit in your pocket! ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Shannon Hunnex said...

yep. its official. im jealous.

Alycia said...

how exciting!