Friday, May 30, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Last night Matt and I went for a walk through the woods behind our house. We have been listening to the frogs at night for a few months now, so we thought we would go check out the members of the chorus. We found the BIGGEST bull frogs! They are everywhere! Its no wonder the sound is deafening. This picture doesn't do it justice, but this guy is as big as a dinner plate. The croaks don't bother us too much because we are so thankful to have found a home with property like this.
Oh yeah, and to finally prove the existence of this controversial creature, I captured a picture of the famous "Mattsquatch" in his natural habitat.Well, goodbye May. I hope that when I see you next year, you will be a little less full of chores, and more full of sunshine. Until then, adieu!
Friday, May 23, 2008
- There is TONS of action! All the fight scenes are well choreographed, and very entertaining. Its very "Spielberg Esq" which does well to connect all 4 IJ movies.
- The pre-used characters are played by the same actors. There is nothing worse than having to use a different actor for the same name. I love that they all came back into play. There are also tons of things in Crystal Skull that bring the old artifacts into play. Look in the shelves in the hallway and the trinkets in his home and you will recognize some of them from previous adventures!
- Although he is 20 years older, Harrison Ford is still an amazing Indiana Jones! I am glad that they didn't try to act like only a few years had passed, and they used the age difference to the movies advantage. I loved it.
- The humor! I love the jokes, and I laughed at least every 10 minutes!
- The CGI animals. (Groundhogs and Monkeys) I don't know why they had to do this, and I don't think that it made it "cooler" by using this technology. I actually kind of hoped for the cheesy fake animal attacks such as is used in the old movies.
- It took me a while to feel like Harrison Ford was still Indiana Jones. I think the first time it hit me that he was Indy, was when he was explaining the legend of the Crystal Skull in the diner to "Mutt". Up until that point, things were just a little off.
- The plot. Although the hokiness fit well with the other movies, there were a few parts that I wished were a little "less". Although I don't mind the idea of the story line, but I thought that it was a little too over done.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
"I do want a baby. Pretty soon. Not yet because I'm so busy, but next year."
ARE YOU JOKING!? Its so obvious that the only reason someone like Paris would want a child is for the Paparazzis attention! And is it not a little suspicious that she wants a baby right after her x-best friend Nicole Richie gives birth to "Harlow-Winter-future-anorexic-pop-star-Madden"? (I'm actually embarrassed that I know more than half of her given name.)
It seems like every gossip magazine I see, every article written on TMZ and all the headlines in Yahoo Entertainment read something like this:
"So and so is pregnant with twins!"
"Is bla bla pregnant again?"
"Dumb and Dumber married over the weekend. Is she with child?"I'm so tired of it! For one, it kills me to know that people who spend more on manicures each day than I pay on mortgage each month are getting together to re-produce. How is this world supposed to thrive when Darwin's theory of natural selection is obviously being ignored!
Second, these people want kids to show off and get attention. THAT IS NOT WHAT A HUMAN LIFE IS FOR!
I have tried for a baby for over a year now, without success. I want a child because I believe that Families are the most important thing on this earth, and I have dreamed of having my own for as long as I can remember. I have never dreamed of bringing a child into this world to use as an accessory to my new Vera Wang cocktail dress!
Then there is the adoption fad! For those of you who don't have any idea how hard and expensive it is to adopt a child, take it from me ITS EXHAUSTING. Not only might you wait years before you even have a chance to meet a child, in the time you are waiting, the fees, registrations, tests, travel expenses and other charges will empty your bank account faster than Tori Spelling can pop out another toe head. To add to this frustration, we have Madonna and Brangalina buying new kids every weekend! Kudos to them for saving lives, but can't it be that easy for everyone?
I realize that I too am being a little selfish with my rant. There are women out there that have had to go through much more than I have for a baby, and I am thankful that there is still hope for me. But I am having a hard enough time on my own without having to watch stupid people re-produce. Please ladies, if you think that buffalo wings come from Buffalo's, or that shaving your head and chasing your ex with an umbrella is a good idea, invest in a chastity belt and a couple hundred condoms. PLEASE.
Thus ends my pointless rant to a group of people who could probably care less about my silly opinion. I guess this is what I get for peaking into the lives of celebrities, but really all I want to see is who is wearing what. Can we keep the Faux-Families out of it? For the sake of the hundreds of women (and men) out there that want a baby for all the right reasons.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Matt and I are watching his parents house while they are visiting family in Montreal, and they have 4 dogs. Bailey the lab and Jeffrey, Daphne and Murphy the Brussels. Then we have our two Aussies staying here and all together this equals ONE BIG HEADACHE!
Both puppies are waking up at 4 o'clock in the morning to pee, and then all they want to do is play and/or get into trouble! Then the older dogs bark at every little noise outside, and on top of it all I can never get a good nights rest in a "strange" bed.
Luckily the weather is nice enough for them to spend the day outside.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Happy Mothers day to all you moms out there!
The food there is really good. There are lots of different flavors, and lots of types of meat. Its a 5 course meal so you get really full!Matt and I loved Marrekesh, and hopefully we will go back soon!
Monday, May 05, 2008
The weather was perfect for a trip to the sea, and it was so beautiful. I had never been to the pass before, and I was very impressed with the sights. The water was so turquoise and there were a few seals swimming around watching the people on the beach. We hiked across the bridge and down to the ocean which was a nice easy hike. (Mostly because we didn't have to climb back up since Matt went and got the car for Alycia who hurt her back last week.)
The perfect ending to our exciting weekend was that Matt got a big, costly ticket for driving 8 miles over the speed limit. Thanks Mr. Mount Vernon Police Officer guy. Matt is really excited to take you to court :)
Thank you to Gabe and Alycia for inviting us to their home, and we love that you guys live so close! Don't you just LOVE Alycia's home made sombrero?