Thursday, June 19, 2008

My mom's side

I am lucky that both sides of my family live in Arizona. We didn't get to see much of them this trip since we were there for my Dads mother's funeral, but it was fun the little time that we had together.This is over at my Step-Grandmothers and my Sort-of-Cousin Angie's house. My family is pretty confusing, so I am not going to get into details. All this kids are Angie's (dark hair, pink shirt.) They are the cutest and best behaved children, and its a good thing that they are because there are 8 of them! They just moved back to Arizona from Utah, and I was very excited to see them.

My other sort-of-cousin Deanna, was also able to make the drive down to Gilbert from Phoenix to see all of us. Deanna and I lived together for a while, and I have missed her ever since she moved to AZ with her husband. It was fun to see her, and its too bad it was for such a short time.I also got to see my Grandma Hipke, and my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Dennis. I actually used Kathy to get through my Grandmothers funeral song because she was smiling at me from the audience, and it helped me to stay focused on the music, rather than the tears. Again, it was too bad that we didn't get to spend a lot of time with them, but maybe we'll make another trip out there soon; when its cooled down a bit :)

1 comment:

The Dillon 6 said...

harumph! I thought WE had the cutest and bestest behaved kids. ;)

Family is SO much fun! Glad you got to see them -- even if it was only for a bit. :)