Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sick Day...Birch Bay

Dear Boss, I woke up this morning not feeling so well. I think I am going to have to use a sick day.


I have severe light sensitivity and I have been really warm all morning. I dont have much of an appetite

but luckily I was able to hold down a small ice cream and a light cinnamon roll. My mind is really distant and I have this odd pinching sensation in my hands. I wont go into detail about the bowel issues, but Ill tell ya, it ain't pretty.Maybe I have Mono? Or there might be something in the water?I went to the Doctor
and they recommended I take a nice, refreshing baththen sit back, relax and watch a comedy.They also prescribed some herbal remedies that seem to be helping.I am starting to feel much better now, but Im still a little light in the head, so I think Ill wait to come in until tomorrow.

For the record, this is the FIRST time I have ever played hookie! I was so nervous to do it, but it was so much fun to be with Matt on a mini-vacation. I did wake up pretty crampy, but once the drugs kicked in, I was not about to go into work. Plus, last week I quit my job at VOLT. So what are they going to do, fire me 3 days before my last day? Putting in my 2 weeks was such a hard decision to make, but I feel very good about it.

I have been offered a great position at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in Seattle. I am so excited to start, and I cant believe how perfect everything has been working out in this situation. I am not a person of change, but this is definitely a welcomed one.

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

OK so jealous! You guys always seem to be having so much fun! I love the pictures, especially the one with the swimsuit on backwards! Was that real? Or set up? either way it couldn't have been comfortable. lol
Kathryn

The Dillon 6 said...

ohymygosh! I am LAUGHING -- how did you have the GUTS to take that awful swimsuit picture?! And not give yourself away with snorting?! ;)

Did you know that you'll be in the building across the street from me?! I'm going to stalk you Hottie -- you'll be my lunch buddy. :)

And now I'm going to look up Birch Bay -- because I'm totally wanting to go there!!!

Loni said...

I am so curious of what that lady looked like from the front... Maybe I don't want to know.

Sabs said...

ok i thought matt was the one wearing the backwards swimsuit and i choked i was laughing so hard!

The Aprecios said...

Sabrina,

My husband has a way better body than that lady! Come on! Not to mention he's brown!

Yeah, that lady had her swimsuit on backwards, and I didnt have the heart to tell her!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHHAHA i love this post esp the bowel issues :)

Stef said...

man you were sick! whew I'm surprised you didn't get sent to ER or something! I love it and the pictures!

Elizabeth said...

Hilarious Holly! I have your movie tickets and tried to email you at the foundation, but kept getting bounce backs. Give me a call on my cell...the receps have my number.