Sunday, July 20, 2008

3rd Wheel on the Ferris Wheel

Last night I met up with Kelsey and Kellen at the Kla-Ha-Ya Days fair in Snohomish while Matt was watching UFC fights. I didn't think about it as I was heading out to "play" with them, that I would be the dreaded 3rd wheel.


However, even if I was the awkward friend who didn't get the hint when they said "We'll go on this one alone if you're afraid", I had a great time and I even got sick! You can always tell you got your moneys worth at the carnival when you have to drive home with the window open just in case.



Kelsey and I played around with our camera's a bit and I finally got to use my tripod! I love messing around with settings and timing. Here are two I captured with a slower setting:
We rode ALL the rides worth riding (no bumper cars or kiddy rides) and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to do two spinning ones in a row. We couldn't stop laughing at what immature teenagers we were. We had a blast.
Me and my camera enjoying a romantic carousel ride...alone.Kellen won me a pig at the dart-balloon game. He became my date. Aren't we so cute?

Thanks Kelsey and Kellen for another fun filled night!

5 comments:

Colton said...

I remember having a breakthrough at a carnival once. I refused to ride any roller-coasters that went upside down until The Zipper (which isn't even a roller coaster) at a carnival when I was like sixteen. And subsequently rode it about ten times in a row. It was AMAZING. My life has never been the same since.

The mistake was to then ride the teacups. You should NOT spin in two completely different directions that quickly. I've never been more ill without actually projectile vomiting.

I'm sorry I turned this into such a degenerate experience for anyone reading this.

Kathryn said...

(in response to your comment) At least it was Matt! Anyway so fun, I still wish I could have made it.

The Dillon 6 said...

woo-hoo! you gotta love a good carnival!!

Stef said...

how fun. The fairs here are so small and boring compared to the ones out there. glad you had fun!

Lindsey said...

Those pictures you took with your slow shutter speed are awesome!! I love it! and let me tell you the sick joys of being the third wheel...I could write a book on it!