Friday, July 25, 2008

Bye, bye bad cells.

My biopsy results came back with positive news. (About time!) They were able to remove all of the pre-cancerous cells, and there was enough tissue removed that they dont believe it will come back. I still have to get tested every 6 months, but I can live through that after the LEEP.

I am on fertility treatments now, but mostly just to get my hormones to where they want them before I start getting really serious about getting pregnant. I am on day 8, and I am feeling good. A lot of people I talked to who are taking these drugs complained about moodiness and lethargy. I feel neither which makes me think that they will have to up the dose since my progesterone is so low.

So, I have a blood test in 2 weeks that will determine where we go from here. I am pretty excited to be on the treatments, but I do not want to get my hopes up since they have been nothing but crumbled for the past year.

I also started my new job! More to come on that. I need to take some pictures :)

7 comments:

Colton said...

Terrific news. I can't imagine having to live with a shadow like that hanging over your head constantly.

I'm guessing that you aren't suffering from the medication because, being unbearably moody to begin with, the side effect becomes canceled. Like using a double negative. Now we just need to get you a lifetime supply.

Matt told me to say that. Subconsciously. He won't remember. Okay, I seriously need to stop talking now. Cheerio!

The Dillon 6 said...

yeah!! Great news, Hottie!!!! It would have been hard to ask about it elbow to elbow in a booth at a Mexican Restaurant with people we barely know... ;)

Kylee said...

I am so glad to hear that news! That is so great. It is always refreshing to hear good news after a series of bad news. Congratulations!

Jared and Paige said...

I am so sad to hear about all you've been going through. :( Really, I'm so sorry. I'm glad to hear that things are looking up. And I just love your entry about your "sick day." It was really cute. You are so amazing with your photos too. Great work!

The Cox Trio said...

Yippee!!! Praise God for his healing hands! I already miss you at Volt... I swear two times on Thursday I started walking down the hall to come talk to you before remembering you wouldn't be there. Enjoy your new job money bags! :-)

Bailey Bunch said...

I am glad to hear everything is well with you and your body. Good luck on all the fertility stuff. We spent the whole month of July doing IVF treatment and they ended up cancelling it. I had a lot of issues arise. It is a tough journey so my thoughts and prayers are with you and Matt.:)

Stef said...

YEAH! how exciting, you deserve the good news.