Thursday, April 19, 2012

Embrace the Camera - 4.19.12

This week's ETC image is brought to you by, C-Sections! Here am I, all scrubbed up, waiting to go into the OR to photograph the birth of Xander Citro. See his birth story HERE.

Labor and delivery pictures are BY FAR my favorite thing to photograph. And if you ask me, it is THE most important time to hire a photographer. Not only because it is such a huge day in your life, but because the memory of it goes blurry within months of having your baby.

I love being in the room, watching the team work take place between the partners, seeing how amazing women and our bodies are and then witnessing a tiny life be brought into this world. I can never keep my composure. It's an emotional time and the pictures are easily stunning.

To see what this Embrace the Camera thing is all about, click HERE.

1 comment:

Stepper the Mighty said...

Brave lady.

You and the women who hire you to photograph the big event.

I am always so nervous that I'll let out a sudden string of curse words or something.

But if someone could capture the beauty of the experience - and not just the mess - that would be priceless.