Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tagged-Holly

Lindsey has tagged me, and required "big results." that is a lot of pressure and I am new at this tagging thing so I hope I can make her happy. So I guess what I do is post 6 random facts about myself. These may be slightly amusing.

1- I have a weird habit called "Tongue Threshing." I am actually surprised to know that I am not the only one in the world with this habit, and that they actually have a term for it. First off, I LOVE cold pillows/sheets/blankets. Since I was a baby, I would pat the fabric with the back of my hand even when I was asleep. While patting, I will suck my tongue. For those of you who have not seen this embarrassing trait, my tongue gets put between my teeth, and then I suck. Again, Its something that started when I was a baby, and I do it in my sleep so its hard to control! It started to push my teeth apart when I was young, so they made me a retainer. Every morning I would wake up with the retainer gone, and a headache from the threshing. Its too bad that I haven't grown out of this habit because some nights I will wake up Matt with my patting. Its so annoying.

2- I am REALLY food selfish. I loathe sharing food unless I am completely finished and offering it to someone. Don't touch my food, don't ask for a bite, don't take some for yourself until you know that I am full to capacity. I will seriously pout if I don't get all the food I want. I wish I could explain where this brattyness came from...but, I cant. I also dance in my chair when I am eating something really good.

3- I talk to the animals and for the animals. I know its weird. I know its creepy. I cant help it. My dog has her own voice, my cat has her own voice, and yes I have even spoken for "Tina" the bearded dragon. I grew up with my mom doing this for the family dogs, and it never seemed weird until I was married. Commonly heard phrases from Brisbane are "Pet me dad." "I'm hungry." and "Play with me." Go ahead, laugh. I also like to name animals. Squirrels in the trees, birds at the pet store and even snakes in the zoo. Its fun for me, and sometimes (don't tell anyone) Matt will name them for me when I am at a loss for a good one.

4- When I was a little girl I had imaginary friends named "Galeeka" and "Poots". I have no idea where these names came from, but they were around so often that it became a family joke. We will always remember my good friends.

5- I have very odd music preferences. I love artists like John Denver, Karen Carpenter and Tony Orlando. ("Yellow Ribbon" is my favorite song of all time!) I also love old Micheal Jackson stuff such as "Black or White" and "Don't stop 'till you get enough". When I make mixed CD's, they always turn out really weird when they go from songs like "Mo Money Mo Problems" to "Country Roads." So what?

6- I have never seen "Top Gun" or "Gremlins". I have been told that I am really weird for not seeing these, and it has been so long now, its a challenge to see how much longer I can miss out on Tom Cruise and Firby...or whatever the little monsters name was. However, I think that you are weird if you have never seen movies like "The Sting" or "The Dark Crystal." Were you born in a cave or something?

I guess now I have to "tag" 6 people. So, I tag- Melissa, Shannon, Loni, Matt, Kathryn and Amanda.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Big Results were achieved...I am so proud. And it is ok...I talk for Nike all the time, and she does have her own voice...and she often tells me things, no one else can hear. We are pet physics! The patting thing is a little weird, seek help.

Kathryn said...

Yeah Holly I have to agree with Lins, a little weird. Anyway so now it is my turn I guess? I just post some weird facts about myself? well I will see what I can come up with for you.

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Yeah, we talk to and for our critters too. :-) I guess that's a trait of all animal lovers. I love your choices of music too! :-)

How's the house buying going?

Colton said...

That...was...hilarious. I laughed out loud when I imagined you talking like Tina and asking Matt to do something like change your litter. BAH! That just did me in...oh, and I have seen both Top Gun AND Gremlins, and don't really remember much about either of them. So don't worry about it. Tom Cruise is lame and worships aliens, and seeing a picture of Gizmo is all you'd want to take from Gremlins, anyway.

The Dillon 6 said...

you lived in our home and patted pillows and sucked your tongue??!?!?!?! It really explains a lot about our kids...

Stef said...

I love it, and don't feel bad some of the stuff I do too, like the talking for the animals! I think there are some good things we've learned, if you wanna keep holly happy fill her belly! :) Oh and Congrats on the house, it's gorgeous! I wanna see more inside pictures! :) How many rooms and bathrooms etc.?