Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sushi, Sugar and Stardust

I had Courtney last night, and Matt and I took her to our favorite Sushi restaurant, Blue C Sushi in Fremont. The place is a lot of fun, and Court loves choosing food off of the conveyor belt. I am not a huge fish fan, but I can tolerate crab or cooked tuna rolls although I am pretty happy with the Edimame. I don't mind going though because Matt loves him some sushi, and Blue C makes his favorite thing, "The Smokey Mountain Roll." I haven't had the heart (or stomach) to try it (raw is a no, no for me) but its made with cream cheese, smoked salmon and roe all held in a tempura seaweed wrap with a spicy hot sauce. I had to take a picture, because the way they display it is always so pretty. While I was doing so Matt said, "If you blog about this, (he knows me so well) I want you to quote me as saying, IT'S SO FREAKING GOOD!" So, if you are ever in the Fremont area, don't forget to stop into Blue C and try the "Freaking Good" Smokey Mountain Roll. I don't know what it is, but for some reason a good slice of cake is always a must after sushi. So its a good thing that the best bakery in the whole world is right next door. (I swear its a conspiracy) Needless to say, we headed over to "Simply Desserts" and each got a share. My favorite is the White Chocolate Strawberry, and Matt is in love with the Chocolate Truffle. Which ever kind you choose, its the most amazingly moist and delicious cake you'll ever have.
When I took this picture, I asked Matt to smile and he said "Its a serious thing how good this cake is." If that doesn't motivate you to lay a $5 down at "Simply Desserts", I don't know what will.Alright, so enough Fremont marketing for me. (But seriously, go.) I had been wanting to see this new movie called "Stardust" for a while, and luckily Courtney was just as excited to see it. We caught it after dessert, and had a great time. The movie was awesome and Courtney loved any scene with a horse in it. Surprisingly Matt enjoyed it too, so it was an all over good night for all of us!

2 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

personally, I'm so bloated after sushi, that there is NO ROOM for anything else...especially (urp) a slice of cake. ;) We'll have to go together sometime...I've always dreamed of eating off a conveyor belt...Do you think Laurel will like Stardust?

Colton said...

Oh, man...I'm so hungry right now. I wish I had some chunks of uncooked animals to eat. And I want to see Stardust, my friends liked it.