Monday, October 15, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch

On Friday after work, Matt took me to the pumpkin patch in Redmond. I have been wanting to go for some time, we have just been waiting for good weather and the time to do it. It was the perfect day for pumpkin hunting, and the area was so beautiful!There were so many pumpkins and funny looking gourds to choose from, and we had fun goofing off with the funny shapes and colors.

I think that we got at least one of every type of gourd and pumpkin, and Matt hauled them around for me. I plan to try some different carvings with them tonight, so Ill have more pictures soon if they turn out good.

I also picked some sunflowers that were really neat. These that I have are actually the smallest that they had! The large ones wouldn't have fit in my car.
After taking the pumpkins home and washing them, we went out to dinner at Lombardi's, our favorite Italian restaurant, with our friend Brett Childs. The food there so so good, and Friday night was no exception. Mmm...

5 comments:

Stef said...

Looks like you guys found a bunch of cool gourds and pumpkins, we're hoping to get out to the pumpkin patch soon! Be sure to make a mess when carving, that's part of the fun of carving pumpkins (even though cleaning it up isn't!)

Linda and Dave Browne said...

...and what's it like wearing long sleeves? It's still in the 80s here. I need a pumpkin patch to get me in the mood for Fall and all the upcoming holidays. You've taken more wonderful pictures....memories, memories...some of my favorites of the Pacific Northwest...

The Dillon 6 said...

so fun! Hopefully we'll have time this Saturday after soccer games to hit the punkin patch. The kids LOVE scooping out the goo and they like the "idea" (not the reality) of roasted punkin seeds. :)

Jessica Kettle said...

how fun! I am taking Tyler and Kenz this week. =) Call me if you want to get together!435-770-8966

Lindsey said...

Ohh that makes me a little homesick!! I love the fall colors