Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter Storm

The news has been warning us all to prepare for "Winter Storm 2008" and its always funny to me to see how people freak out when it snows here in Washington. The roads are icy, the snow is 6 inches and the wind is cold, but cant we all live with it without the panic? If my little Jetta can make it up and down the frozen hills, I am sure that we will all be fine.


The exciting thing about this snowfall, was that it was Brimleys first experience with it! He just prances and romps all around the yard and comes in covered with little snow balls. He is so funny to watch. Then he chases Brisbane around until they are both exhausted.
We love the area that we live in, and Lake Stevens is even more beautiful when it snows. Here are some pictures I captured on my way to church.
This is our house with some snow, and the view from our back yard. That is Mount Pilchuck in the distance.

I am getting pretty excited for the holidays now that the winter has officially hit!

5 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

it's so pretty up there! Did you really get SIX inches of snow?? We got about 1-1/2" and that's enough to make some snowmen! :)

Sam and Brent said...

I'm impressed you made it to church! Brent and I couldn't make it up that big hill. Then we tried another road and couldn't make it up that one! Then he paced around in his church clothes all morning muttering, "It's called salt, Seattle. INVEST IN IT." He did say that your dogs are really cute, though :)

The Aprecios said...

Sam, that hill was a huge pain. It took me a while, and I actually ended up driving up it in the other lane.

Seattle is REALLY bad about taking care of ice. They never have salt or gravel. Stupid.

I need to give you my email so I can see your blog, and we need to get back together and talk girl things... :)

Colton said...

Wow, it looks gorgeous! I hear you one the panic attacks, though. There is a winter storm warning for the high country of Arizona, and everyone is sure in a huff about it...

Sam and Brent said...

Happy birthday!! I saw it on Brent's little home teaching chart he has on the fridge. Hope you have a fun day! :) And I agree about girl talk!