Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snowed in on my Birthday

Matt had planned to take me out to dinner for my 25th birthday, but considering it had snowed for 5 days in a row, we had to stay home and off the roads.


Instead he made me a great curry dinner, and then we had a yummy raspberry cake.
For my birthday I had asked for 2 things. Mama Mia on DVD and the Once soundtrack on CD. Matt had me fooled when I opened 2 gifts that were obviously a DVD and CD, but instead of getting me Mama Mia (which he swore he would NEVER do) and Once, he got me Indiana Jones and Nickel Creek. Equally good, and a big surprise. And poor Matt had to hear ABBA anyway when Sarah Cox showed up with Mama Mia in hand for me :)



He also bought me slippers that have not come off of my feet since I opened them! They are so warm. They came in a bag, and I think we must have a little bit of cabin fever because we found it way too funny to put the bag on Brimley. Since my birthday, we have had inches and inches more of snow. It sure is pretty, but I am pretty much done with the slippery stuff. We have ventured out, but only to get the necessities. I am pretty happy staying inside my warm home getting ready for Christmas.
The dogs have been begging to go out and play in the snow, meanwhile Princess only goes out to go potty, and then runs back into the house, finds a blanket and falls asleep.

3 comments:

Colton said...

I love that picture of Princess. Sometimes I feel the same way. Although I must admit that I would LOVE to be snowed in on my birthday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Adam and Dani said...

I love that you are also a December baby! I just got Mamma Mia today and watched it and loved it. How can you not love ABBA?!

Stef said...

happy birthday(i know I'm late...as usual!) the cake looks yummie, and I'm jealous of the snow! I miss that cold white stuff....christmas day we were almost 80 degrees! it's just wrong!