Monday, December 29, 2008

White Christmas

We were very fortunate to be able to borrow an SUV from some friends who are in Utah during the holidays. Otherwise, we would have never made it to our families homes in the snow. It just about buried us. Thank you Loftus's!


Matt woke us up early with excitement, and we sat under our own tree opening gifts from each other. I gave Matt some slippers, a book on Fatherhood, a remote control helicopter and a Joe's gift card so that he could go buy the shotgun that he has been wanting all year. (Its tied onto the silly plastic gun that I put in his stocking.)
Matty got me a new camera bag, a micro lens for my camera, the Once soundtrack (that I asked for for my Birthday!) and a couple movies that we have enjoyed watching together. That's when I thought we were done. All the gifts under the tree were opened when Matt asked me to go upstairs and get something for him that he had left in the nursery. When I walked in, he had set up a glider and ottoman to use when the baby comes. He had set it up the night before without me knowing. So sneaky! We spent the rest of the morning with my family, eating breakfast and opening gifts. Matt and I got my parents a DVD player that allows you to edit out what you dislike out of movies (such as violence, sex and language) and we got Cory some new wheels for his long board. My parents were gracious enough to give all of us kids some $cash$. What could be more useful right now? We also got some things for the dogs, who were very happy to get their own gifts.
After hanging out a while, we headed out to join Matt's family. Shauna got Matt a really nice green sweater, and she got me some cute owl stuff for the nursery. We got Ben and Jan some games for their Wii and some new books. Matt's parents bought us baby stuff from our registry, a new lens for me and a new Gi for Matt, and then gave us an XBOX 360. The next picture really gets the emotions across. Matt is THRILLED to finally have his console, and I am realizing that I may never see him again....hence the fake and cheesy smile.The best gift was for Matt's dad. He opened one box and inside was Kleenex. He was confused. The second box was a paper bag. At this point he had realized what was happening and started to freak out. (Have you seen that comercial?) The next box had a set of keys to a Cadillac, his favorite car. It was so much fun to see his reaction. He was in shock!We were very spoiled this year, and we are so thankful to be close to both of our families so that we can celebrate the holidays with them. We hope that everyone had a safe and Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

looks like a FUN Christmas!! I also love your new blog header! SO cute!!!

We miss you and hope you're doing well!!!

Colton said...

Someone bought your father in law a CADILLAC for Christmas? Who are these people, and are they looking to adopt any children?

It looks like you guys had a great time, though! I'm excited for your baby! Merry belated Christmas!

The Powells said...

You'll LOVE the glider and ottoman! it's been my best baby buy. i've spent more hours in it than I can count - good job Matt!

The Cox Trio said...

I LOVE THE NEW BLOG HEADER!!!! My New Year's resolution is get my blog going again... I promise you at least two posts a month. :-)

Crysler's said...

SO FUN!!! I can't believe that you are already more than half way there to meeting your new baby boy! very exciting about the x-box... we got one for Brad's birthday, and I thought Brad would just love it but i'm totally addicted. That may have something to do with my lack of a job... but it's fun. if you get x-box live let us know so we can add you as a friend. :-) Love you guys!

Thunnex said...

Plan for Matthew... Step 1: buy subscription to Xbox Live. Step 2: Get a game we both can play. Step 3: Waste as many hours playing said game online with me before your little package comes... like say Guitar Hero?

Ty

Crawford's Corner's said...

Hi Holly, I know you don't know me. But I am good friends withyour mom from High School. You have a wonderful family and I hear you are going to be a mommy in April, Congratulations!

whitney said...

looks like i great christmas! i wouldnt mind a new belly shot! hope you are feeling great. :)