Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Gingerbread House

On Saturday, I was just barely able to get to work in Seattle to make Gingerbread Houses with Courtney. There was a really bad accident on the Trestle (a bridge from hwy 2 to I5) and I was stuck sitting there for about 30 minutes while they cleared the mess. While I was waiting, I noticed that the overpass next to me had frozen spider webs hanging from it. I have never seen this before. Its so rare for it to be so cold here. (I think it was 19 degrees) It took me double the time to get into Seattle, but I made it safely without any problem.Courtney had been snowed in for 4 days, and no other interpreters were able to get up Queen Anne hill. So, I rescued Joy (Courtney's roommate) by allowing her out of the house for a while while I kept Courtney entertained.
We had a lot of fun decorating the house with candy, even though the frosting took forever to harden and we had to keep repairing it. Here is the finished product. Yes, its outside in the cold. We were hoping it would help the frosting set. Good work Courtney!

3 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

what a cute house! Glad you were able to escape the northern blizzard-zone. We must have over a foot of snow at this point. It's INSANE!!!

Kathryn said...

Love the house. much better than Tyler's and mine. Happy Birthday by the way. Quarter century club Yeah! :)
Hope you guys had a great Christmas; jealous of all the snow you got.

Stef said...

cute gingerbread house. I can't wait till ethan is old enough to want to do more of that stuff, at this point all he wants is to eat the candy!