Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Party

This weekend we attended a party held by some friends of ours in the ward. There was tons of yummy treats to eat, and we started the night by playing the "Name Game" where a famous person's name was placed on your back, and you had to ask others yes or no questions to figure out who you were. I figured mine out about 20 minutes into it (I was Annette from the Micky Mouse Club) and Matt, who had the hardest one, was Porter Rockwell. It took a while because half the people around had no idea who that even was.


Then we did a White Elephant Gift Exchange. Matt started off with a vibrating back massager, but ended up with a $25 Gift card to Olive Garden. I took home the heart, star and puzzle shaped ice cube trays that I actually brought to the party. So what, I really liked them! There was this silly fish pillow that was fought over. There were seriously wars over this stupid thing, and I have no idea what the winner is going to even do with it! Its huge!Then we all tried our skills at guessing how many Christmas Corns were in a jar. I was second closest with 180. (120 being the correct answer)

Before we all headed out into the snow, we played a game called "Origins." If you have ever played Balderdash, it is a lot like that only you make up the origin of a saying to trick the other team. The boys won :( They were all very good liars....

4 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

that sounds like a FUN party! I went to a White Elephant Exchange on Friday night...I selected an EPT, which nobody stole from me (imagine!). Fortunately, I was able to swap with someone afterwards and ended up with a gloriously ugly nutcracker...which will be my next W.E. gift ~ if I'm able to pry it out of Dana's hands.

Your belly is looking super-cute!

Nick and Tiffany said...

How fun!!! So I still need your email address so I can add you to our blog readers list :) Hope you guys have a fun and safe christmas!

Colton said...

Okay, I can understand a bunch of non-members not knowing who Porter Rockwell is, but who chose Annette? I haven't the vaguest idea who that is...I don't know the name of a single person from the Mickey Mouse Club or whatever...

And I LOVE White Elephant Parties!

Crysler's said...

I can see your belly in that last picture! How exciting! I'm pretty sure today (or some day close) is your birthday, so Happy birthday! Hope everything is going well.