Thursday, May 29, 2008

See ya, May.

Today I found myself drinking hot chocolate at my desk. How sad is that? Its almost June, and I am drinking a winter beverage.

This month has seemed very stressful. On top of the things I do for VOLT, and interpreting on the weekends, I am also trying to finish a few wedding invitations before the summer. (if it ever arrives) I just HAND MADE 125, and I am so thankful to be done with them. I will never make that many again. Printing, from here on out.

We are also done with 90% of the Dr visits! I have another biopsy on the 9th, and then that should be it for a while. My test results came back saying that I have extremely low progesterone levels, and Matt has low Vitamin C (easy fix!). So, next cycle they will be putting me on something that assists with my ovulation called Chlomid. I am pretty excited, but at the same time, I don't want to get my hopes up quite yet.

This weekend, Matt had his very first Tournament for Jiu-Jitsu, and he won a match!! We are very excited about this since Matt is so new at the sport, and they put him in the 190lb weight class even though he only weighs 175! He gained points on a guy that weighed more, and had more experience than him. Way to go babe!

Last night Matt and I went for a walk through the woods behind our house. We have been listening to the frogs at night for a few months now, so we thought we would go check out the members of the chorus. We found the BIGGEST bull frogs! They are everywhere! Its no wonder the sound is deafening. This picture doesn't do it justice, but this guy is as big as a dinner plate. The croaks don't bother us too much because we are so thankful to have found a home with property like this.

Oh yeah, and to finally prove the existence of this controversial creature, I captured a picture of the famous "Mattsquatch" in his natural habitat.

Well, goodbye May. I hope that when I see you next year, you will be a little less full of chores, and more full of sunshine. Until then, adieu!

5 comments:

Colton said...

I am still laughing about the Mattsquatch. That is a ridiculously funny picture...

P.S. I love frog noises! They are the best to fall asleep to, in my opinion. Well, either that or live cello music. And this is going to sound extremely uncouth and red-necky, but frog legs are delicious. If they ever get too numerous, I know what to do with them...

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Holly, you should show us what the wedding invitations look like! Kudos to you for doing so many! I don't think I could have pulled that one off. I am not sure I have ever heard a frog make noises before... well I am deaf ya know so I am guessing it sounds like it is spelled, Ribbit, Ribbit, Ribbit.... Glad to hear you are interpreting! I didn't realize you did that! Coolio!

The Dillon 6 said...

hiLARious picture!! You are very clever!!

Good luck with te clomid...it's a good assist. And get Matty some OJ already! If you haven't been told already, clomid can make you feel a bit crazy...so batten down the hatches and get ready for a possibly bumpy emotional ride. We've got you in our prayers. :)

Stef said...

wow, big frogs! and what a great picture of the mattsquach! that proves they exsist!

Alycia said...

Sounds like you guys have been having a good time despite the awful weather. We'll have to explore the wilderness over there some time too. Congratulations Matt for winning a match, and congrats for almost being done with doctor's appt.'s, no more needles, yay! I hope they'll be able to figure everything out, it sounds like it's been good so far. Good luck with everything!