Monday, May 05, 2008

Deception Pass

After a some what disappointing trip to the tulip festival (last post) we drove out to Deception Pass.
The weather was perfect for a trip to the sea, and it was so beautiful. I had never been to the pass before, and I was very impressed with the sights. The water was so turquoise and there were a few seals swimming around watching the people on the beach. We hiked across the bridge and down to the ocean which was a nice easy hike. (Mostly because we didn't have to climb back up since Matt went and got the car for Alycia who hurt her back last week.)
Preston had lots of fun playing with and tasting the rocks. It was so nice to be able to just sit and relax. We will definitely go back to the pass again.
The perfect ending to our exciting weekend was that Matt got a big, costly ticket for driving 8 miles over the speed limit. Thanks Mr. Mount Vernon Police Officer guy. Matt is really excited to take you to court :)

3 comments:

Crysler's said...

Hi Guys! I must say, Deception Pass is a beautiful sight, if you get a chance to camp by Cranberry Lake you should, it's a cool lake. I just wanted to let you know I started a blog for Brad and I, I decided it was a great way to stay in touch when you're busy and there's so many people to stay in touch with! It's been fun to keep up with you guys so now you can keep up with ours.

Love you guys!!

Alycia said...

I feel so special having three posts with pictures of me on your blog. :) I hope Matt's ticket didn't ruin the fun too much.

The Dillon 6 said...

we went there several years ago. The bridge made me so nervous! I'd like to go up and do the hike...it was too windy and we were in a hurry the day we went.

I'm glad you and Matt have made good friends!!