Monday, May 05, 2008

The Dirt Fields

I have been begging Matt to go with me to see the Tulips up in the Skagit valley and finally on Sunday he succumbed to my request (but not without complaint).

We met up with the Loftus's and packed up the car for the short trip up North.

I was told that the tulips had bloomed late this year due to the snow we had last month, but I had no idea that they would be tilling the fields only a few days before our arrival! So needless to say we saw lots of dirt and a lot of eye rolling from Matt and Gabe.
We did however find the one daffodil field that was left, and along with all the other disappointed tourists, took family pictures here.
The Aprecio Family The Loftus Family
And of course, Matt pretending that he is having the time of his life. I had no idea he was making these faces!!

4 comments:

Alycia said...

I just looked on the tulip festival website and it does say that the flowers were supposed to be up until May 4 but I think it was only in the gardens where you had to pay. I'm kind of mad about that. Oh well. At least we still had a great day, that was so much fun!

The Dillon 6 said...

MATTY -- shame on you for ruining your wife's good fun. Next year we're coming up and making you go with US ~ then you'll wish you'd behaved better this year. ;)

Clark Family said...

Matt's face is hilarious. I laughed out loud and wanted to go wake up Brad so he could see it too. We had the same problem last year. We were 2 days late and missed all of the flowers. Maybe next year.

Adam and Dani said...

I am so EXCITED that I can hardly contain myself these days. It is killing me to have to wait...

And by the way, you and your husband are gorgeous and so photogenic. I'm jealous.