Thursday, May 22, 2008

Babies are the new Chihuhua

A little less than a year ago, it was a red carpet necessity to be carrying a tiny dog with a cheesy name like "Pixie" or "Sparkle".Now, babies are all the rage! A must have for this season! (So what happens with them in a few months when some other living creature or a Gucci bag takes the place?)To top off my already stressful work morning, I read this quote from Paris Hilton. (I gag a little every time I say that name. She drives me nuts)

"I do want a baby. Pretty soon. Not yet because I'm so busy, but next year."

ARE YOU JOKING!? Its so obvious that the only reason someone like Paris would want a child is for the Paparazzis attention! And is it not a little suspicious that she wants a baby right after her x-best friend Nicole Richie gives birth to "Harlow-Winter-future-anorexic-pop-star-Madden"? (I'm actually embarrassed that I know more than half of her given name.)

It seems like every gossip magazine I see, every article written on TMZ and all the headlines in Yahoo Entertainment read something like this:

"So and so is pregnant with twins!"

"Is bla bla pregnant again?"

"Dumb and Dumber married over the weekend. Is she with child?"

I'm so tired of it! For one, it kills me to know that people who spend more on manicures each day than I pay on mortgage each month are getting together to re-produce. How is this world supposed to thrive when Darwin's theory of natural selection is obviously being ignored!

Second, these people want kids to show off and get attention. THAT IS NOT WHAT A HUMAN LIFE IS FOR!

I have tried for a baby for over a year now, without success. I want a child because I believe that Families are the most important thing on this earth, and I have dreamed of having my own for as long as I can remember. I have never dreamed of bringing a child into this world to use as an accessory to my new Vera Wang cocktail dress!

Then there is the adoption fad! For those of you who don't have any idea how hard and expensive it is to adopt a child, take it from me ITS EXHAUSTING. Not only might you wait years before you even have a chance to meet a child, in the time you are waiting, the fees, registrations, tests, travel expenses and other charges will empty your bank account faster than Tori Spelling can pop out another toe head. To add to this frustration, we have Madonna and Brangalina buying new kids every weekend! Kudos to them for saving lives, but can't it be that easy for everyone?

I realize that I too am being a little selfish with my rant. There are women out there that have had to go through much more than I have for a baby, and I am thankful that there is still hope for me. But I am having a hard enough time on my own without having to watch stupid people re-produce. Please ladies, if you think that buffalo wings come from Buffalo's, or that shaving your head and chasing your ex with an umbrella is a good idea, invest in a chastity belt and a couple hundred condoms. PLEASE.

Thus ends my pointless rant to a group of people who could probably care less about my silly opinion. I guess this is what I get for peaking into the lives of celebrities, but really all I want to see is who is wearing what. Can we keep the Faux-Families out of it? For the sake of the hundreds of women (and men) out there that want a baby for all the right reasons.

10 comments:

The Aprecios said...

You do mean "someone to clean house, fulfill my every whim, and provide a nice tax break." when you say "all the right reasons...", right?

The Aprecios said...

Thank you Matty for Clarifying.

Kylee said...

I can completely understand where you are coming from. Yes, I have one child, but we would like more and have been having some difficulties along the way. Your time will soon come, and the child that comes to your family will be so lucky because he/she will have amazing parents that love them!

The Dillon 6 said...

oh Hottie. I do know your frustration. Keep the faith. endure to the end...and every other sentiment I can think of to help you keep your chin up. We love you. :)

Crysler's said...

Totally understandable! You know what though, when it does finally happen, it's going to be that much more exciting. :-)

I Miss you too, we will be up there over the 4th of July we should try and get together.

Also, i'm glad to hear it's not that expensive to fix the cooling thing. We are getting rid of it ASAP!!! We're switching to all Honda (not the passport though, that has to go too!!)

Alycia said...

Good for you Holly. I agree 100%!

Jessica Kettle said...

all I can say is AMEN sista.

Adam and Dani said...

I totally agree with you! I drives me crazy! Especially when there are so many good people out there who want a family of there own and are struggling to make it happen. My husband and in are in the same boat as you guys. Bt I just have to keep reminding myself that God has a plan for us all. It will happen for you guys and you and your children will be so blessed!

Colton said...

It is great to hear someone else rant for a change. Not necessarily about the kids thing, but just generally. Everyone seems so pent up these days, so worried about political correctness and causing offense. I say eff 'em.

Keep trying, we need more beautiful and intelligent and funny people in the world, even if they aren't as fertile as the rednecks.

Stef said...

AMEN! Although I have been bleesed and haven't had to battle it I do know people who have and seen how hard it's been for them, Although I can't begin to understand what that must feel like and how bad it makes me feel to see people who truly deserve a child suffer and some not even be able to have them and then see people like paris, britany and many many more have them for all the wrong reasons and then get away with things no normal person without all the fame and money would, well it makes me sick. So I am all for this post, you just put my thoughts in writing, thank you!