Thursday, April 03, 2008

Sick Day

I have the flu. I thank my father, who probably left his yucky germs on the microphone that we shared last weekend.

I didn't even try to go into work today since yesterday I barely made it through the 3 hours that I was there. Last night I ran a high fever and got so tired of the chills, that I drugged myself to sleep and woke up this morning knowing that I had to stay home for one more day.

However, there are a few good things about being home sick all day.

1. Catching up to the 4th season of LOST.

2. Tons of sleep and being pampered by my husband.

3. Lots of pictures of our playful animals.
By the time I usually get home to see the "kids" its close to dark, and I am ready for bed. So it was fun to spend a little time outside in the sun until my allergies started to add on to my flu symptoms.
Here are a few of my favorites.Brimley and Brisbane are seriously the best of friends. I was so worried that Briz would have a really hard time having another dog to compete with for our attention, but she gets along with him so well.

This picture may be the one to settle an argument between Matt and I. Matt swears that Brisbane is what he calls"Wall Eyed." He says "She can look at the wall and the floor at the same time!" However, I disagree with this, and I believe that the little blue mark that she has in her right eye creates the illusion that there is more of the "white" of her eye showing, than in her left. What do you think? Brimley loves dirt. He will pick up pieces of bark and run around with it in his mouth until he is called back inside. He has recently learned to sit, and we are so lucky that he is a quick learner."Good sit!" Aren't they such beautiful dogs! I love how distinct they both are.This one may not be the best picture, but its the funniest action shot I got. Brimley LOVES Princess, and Princess TOLERATES the new puppy. She will let him tackle her, and bite her ears but the second he tries to lick her, she gets so mad! Brim has a few scratches on his face from this, and her face in this picture is priceless!The rest of the time she hung out on the top of the fence, out of the reach of his tongue :)Sorry to be so "snap happy" but I love my furry children!

9 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

I'm sorry you're sick, Hottie. :( But CUTE pictures of your cute aminals!! Brimley is adorable...I hope you bring him when you come down for taxes...which is coming SOON, right?!

Alycia said...

You're animals sure are cute. I can't wait to meet Brimley! Let me know if I can do anything to help out while you're sick, remember I'm just around the corner. :)

Nick and Tiffany said...

Sorry your sick. Brimley is soooooo...cute!!! And all your pictures are wonderful!

Sabs said...

poor baby! hope you feel better. kolby loves looking at all the puppy and kitty-cat pictures on your blog:)

Shannon Hunnex said...

i need to meet your puppy. sorry u are sick. im goin on the clam diggin trip this weekend you were supposed to go one with me :( tell me when you have time to come bring ur pup over to meet guster aka a GIANT puppy.

Stef said...

adorable kiddos. i love all the pictures, you take such good pictures. I can never get a good one of my dogs cause byddy doesn't sit still for more than 3 seconds (and my camera takes about 20 to snap a picture ;) ) and vega always is sneezing or has a weird look on her face, she's not very photogenic unlike your two.

allison said...

Just saying hi from the Eastman home. :) :) :)

Bart and Jill said...

Okay, your puppies are adorable. I cannot handle brimley licking the cat... that's the funniest thing I've ever seen!!!!

Loni said...

What a cute little puppy! I can't wait until we are out of this apartment and can add a furry little buddy to our fam.