Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gray skies and black eyes

Last night Matt took me out to dinner at Lombardi's, and we walked around the Pier a little before dinner. Even though it was cloudy, it was a really pretty night and the weather is finally starting to warm up a little.After dinner we headed into Lynnwood for some Alderwood Mall shopping and while we were in Macy's, Matt noticed Rich Franklin coming up the escalator!! For those of you who don't know, Rich is one of Matt's favorite fighters in the UFC, and he was SO EXCITED to see him!! Matt froze on the spot, and I literally had to drag him over to Rich. Matt told Rich that he had joined "Tap-or-Snap" and Rich mentioned that he was here training in Kirkland (hence the black eye). I was a little hesitant to ask for a picture, but the "Ace" was such a nice guy he had no problem with the request. It was so awesome to be able to see one of our idols, and I am so happy that Matt got to meet him. That rarely happens in life! Congrats babe!
Needless to say, we didn't get much shopping done after that since Matt had to call his best friend Casey right away and tell him about the meeting. :)

4 comments:

Alycia said...

That's so cool that he got to meet one of his idols! Maybe I should go shopping more often, then I might meet one of mine... at least that's what I could tell Gabe. :)

Marissa said...

Cool. We love watching UFC in our home. I was just pointing out to my husband to show him your blog...before I could say what the picture was of...he was like whoa! that is Rich Franklin! Pretty cool.

allison said...

matt, sam said your guns look huge!

The Dillon 6 said...

that's a random run-in! Glad he was nice enough to indulge a fan!!