Monday, March 10, 2008

Working Weekend

I feel like I got a lot done this weekend, even though there is not a lot of proof of it.

Friday we had a good group of friends over for dinner and games. It was so much fun, and I cant wait until the summer for when BBQing is a normal occurrence at our home.

Saturday morning Matt and I headed over to McAuliffs nursery to figure out what plants we want and where. Who would have know that it would be so much fun!? I cant wait to get everything planted and I am especially excited to own my own trees! Is that weird?

I cleared out more room in the front garden for our new plants (more pictures to come) and weeded the whole front yard. I seriously find a lot of joy in this even though I have no idea what I am doing. But I must be doing something right because my flowers are all looking very happy!
And can I just say that there is no better smell than a purple Hyacinth?
Then I met up with the "gang" at Chris and Tiffany's to help them with their "Shadow Boxing" project that turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it would be. This will hopefully be a project that we get around to doing in our own home soon.On Sunday, we did what we do best-we rested. I watched Star Wars while Matt played around in the garage doing man things and then we had a great dinner with yummy dessert.

I hope that everyone else had a productive weekend! Even with one less hour to get things done.

3 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

I can't wait until the fall to get that silly hour back!

Are those YOUR bulbs/flowers on your blog? When did you plant them?! I just planted my TULIP bulbs (oops!) on Saturday. I don't know if they'll bloom, but I'm hoping they will... I love, Love, LOVE tulips!

Colton said...

Okay, can I just tell you how much I love gardening? A lot. There is nothing like helping to make a flower. They are so beautiful. I think I am going to cry when I get to make babies. Unless they are ugly.

Loni said...

i am so jealous you have a yard. Since we live in a national forest, not only do we not have a yard, but there are only certain types of plnts we're aloud to have even in our house. Seriously, it would look even prettier around here if they let people do stuff.