Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter '08

Easter Sunday was a lot of fun. Matt and I went to our own ward in the morning, and then headed over to my parents house in Sammamish. My mom was VERY happy to have her new Grandpuppy there, and he loved all the attention that he got from the other dogs and people.Matt and I dyed eggs while Cory and his girl friend Alex kept Brimley entertained. I love coloring eggs, and we tried a few new things like adding oil to the dye to produce a marble looking effect, and dying the eggs with silk ties. They turned out really cool, and we had a lot of fun.My mom cooked a wonderful meal, and her table settings and decorations always turn out so pretty!My brother "The Afro Hero".
This weekend, Cory pulled 3 people from a burning building! NO JOKE. He saw the flames coming from the house when he was driving by, and he and his friend were told that there were 3 people inside. Cory went in, searched through the thick smoke and pulled the three out just as the house was completely taken by the fire. CRAZY. He's a cool kid. Anyway, we all had a lot of fun on Easter, and I was thankful that everyone tired Brimley out so that we could get some sleep that night!

5 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

What a great Easter. And WAY TO GO, CORY!!! It's not every day you get to be a HERO!

Colton said...

How are you supposed to eat those beautiful eggs?

And Cory's picture reminds me of Chicken Joe from Surf's Up. He doesn't even look like he realizes that he just did something AMAZING.

Stef said...

how fun, loved the eggs, the tye dye was pretty cool i'll have to try it!

Lindsey said...

Woah....hail the hero! That is crazy!! Looks like fun, this is the first year I didn't dye eggs...I think I broke every easter law...oh well....Easter Bunny still visited me;)

Bart and Jill said...

Holy cow... Cory's hair is incredible! He never let it grow out that long when we dated and I never realized how curly it was! WOW. I bet the hair helped him while he was saving those people too! ;)