Thursday, January 26, 2012

What does 2012 hold?

2012 is off to a good start.

The last 4 weeks have been better than our entire 2011. I mean, hello? Income! I realize that money doesn't buy happiness, but it does buy some freakin' sweet things! I know that a new vacuum and classy bed sheets don't sound like much, but after a year of holding ourselves away from anything not a necessity, they seem pretty, pretty, pretty amazing.

Life just feels so much more do-able in buttery sheets. It's a nice change.

Recently we have been talking a lot about the things we hope to do this year. It's very new and exciting.

Vacation? Hopefully! I am seriously open to anything WARM. Hawaii. Cruise to the Caribbean. Disneyland. Or all of the above. Probably not possible, but I dream big, yo!

Baby? Oh man, oh man we all want a baby so bad! It's just that the 3 of us have very different ideas of how the baby will come to be. Matt's thinking I give birth to it, I'm thinking I'll adopt one and Sam is thinking that he's happy wrapping up a stuffed animal and feeding it a pretend bottle for an hour. Which is adorable!

Home improvements?We have come to the realization that we are stuck in this house for a while (thank you economy) so we have a few plans up our sleeves to improve it. We want a deck, a few more windows, update the interior style, better lighting and a nicer yard. When I'm not traveling the world, I plan on being at home a lot so we better make it sweeeeet! 

Hey, remember that new years resolution I made "to save money"?

Yeah, that goal is not coming off very strong is it? I'll work on that....

...after I get everything I want ;)

1 comment:

Colton said...

Now that is nice to hear. Glad things are looking up. I guess I'll get married this year now that you can afford to buy me a nice wedding present.