Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Matty!

Matt has been making a lot of sacrifices for our family lately and has had to put a few passions on hold due to a knee injury.


For instance, last week he traded in his dream car:for an SUV to fit our soon-to-be expanding family: Luckily he loves the B9 Tribeca (Its a Subaru, so he's happy) and luckily we got a great deal on it. The interior is by far my favorite thing about it.So, for Matt's birthday, I was hoping to find something for him that he was passionate about.
This memory came to mind: This is Matt at the Natural History Museum in New York City. While we were there they had a frog exhibit, and he spent an hour watching them, and reading about every species. He has had a fascination with frogs since he was a kid, but this was the first time I had witnessed it.

So, I found an exotic breeder online, and got him a few of his own frogs for his birthday! They are Poison Dart Frogs, but they are pretty harmless when bred in captivity. They will grow to about 2 inches big, and they will stay as colorful as they are today. Matt was SO excited to get these, and cant stop talking about how cool they are. He claims this is the coolest gift he has ever received! I did good!
He has yet to name them, so if you have any ideas, let us know. There are only 2 right now, but I am sure he will have fun adding to his collection. Happy Birthday Baby! I love you very much and I appreciate all you do for us.

4 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

Happy Birthday, Matty! nice looking car!!

names for the froggies:

Froggity Hoppity and
Hoppity Froggity

or

Azul and
Verde

or

Oo and
Hindi

or

Kumusta and
Sige

:)

The Cox Trio said...

Happy Birthday Matthew! You're a pretty cool kid and I *guess* you have laid off on making fun of me lately... :-)

Colton said...

That IS a cool present, I'm not going to lie. You need to feed them some poisonous insects so that they will turn toxic and we can dart some monkeys. Or people.

I can't believe that he traded in the WRX STi LE. Wow, that is a long acronym.

Stef said...

how neat are those! I always liked them but never got them. We'll stick with seeing our tree frog friends and toads on the porch!