Tuesday, March 17, 2009

B is for Boy!

On Saturday March 14th, my Mom threw me the best baby shower ever thrown! It was held at Matt's parents house, and he and his Dad cooked the most amazing brunch complete with eggs benedict, fruit, pastries and sausage. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...


My mom knows a lady who professionally decorates cakes, and she made this beauty for the baby shower. I was SO impressed. Not only was it handsome as can be, it was tasty too!
Then Tiffany Aprecio showed up with these amazing cupcakes that she made for us. I thought they were too cute to eat...but I devoured them anyway.
The theme was "B is for Boy" so the colors were blue and brown, with balloons and baskets. We also played games like "Bingo" and "Baby Shout Out." We also decorated onesies with iron-ons and markers.
Mommy Bulger and Shannon making a masterpiece.Tiffany and my mom decorating outfits for baby Sam/Vai.Me laughing at the fact that my baby is already too big for the NB size onesies. Here I have it placed in the position he is laying.All the cute onesies hanging from the railing. So cute!
So many of our closest friends and family were able to make it. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people so close!
Kathryn, Lessa, Kelsey, Sarah, Shannon, Tiffany, Bridget, Dana, Shauna, Sam, Brittany and Marion.Nicole, Aubrey, Dana, Laurel, Avery, Millie, Liz, and Rachel.Laura and Cindy.Courtney and Nicole filling out their Baby Questionnaire.Avery, Rachel and Dana.Shauna and I playing with balloons. I wish my belly weighed the same as her helium filled one.Rachel and baby Chase.Brittany guessing how many cotton balls are in the bottle.I was surprised by my Grandma Liz from AZ who I was told was unable to attend. I have never received so many great gifts before. I cant wait to put all these things to good use! We have everything we need and more. You wouldn't believe how spoiled this kid is already!
We got tons of fun clothes. I wish I had pictures of all of them, but I bet they will be even better looking with a sweet baby inside of them, so I can wait until then. :)A swing from the Blocks. This was our motivation to use the theme of Owls. I had wanted to do it before, but it wasn't until we found this that I thought it would be possible. A bouncer from Marion. This has owls on it too!
So many of the gifts were hand made. I feel so blessed to have friends that sacrifice their time for us.
The Dillon's made us a quilt, burp cloths, an adorable cross stitched owl picture, and two owl pillows/toys.The two in the middle were made by Melissa and her girls. They go so well with the one my mom bought us and the green ugly.Rachel made this Diaper Cake. Its so cute I don't want to take it apart to use any of the diapers!My mom made this beautiful blanket that I can NOT get enough of. It is so perfect. Its going to mean so much to her grandson. She also made owl burp cloths that are contoured to fit the shoulder. They are too cute to puke on if you ask me! We'll see what the baby thinks...

I cant stress enough how blessed I feel. A year ago I would have never dreamed of being able to have a baby shower so it was so great to finally be a part of one for my son. I am so thankful for all the wonderful things that we have received, all the help everyone has been and all the love that we have felt for the few years that we have been trying for this very blessing. Thank you so much to everyone who is a part of our lives.

7 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

it was a FUN shower -- we were happy to spend a fun afternoon with you (even longer because of the Key Incident). Laurel has developed a new Love of Jordan Almonds! :)

Stef said...

what a cute shower and cute gifts! You look adorable! And if my chunky babies can fit in newborn yours will! Even if it's for a very short time! :) Hope your doing good! Can't wait to see that little cutie!

Colton said...

Wow, I can tell that you really enjoyed that. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!!

I can't believe that cake, it looks incredible.

P.S. I want that green ugly.

Sabs said...

oh what an adorable shower! kudos momma bailey. can't wait to see the baby in all the cute presents:)

Candace Nelson said...

SUpper cute shower!!! im jealous! HAHHA hope you got everything you wanted and need :) cant wait to see the lil man!

britni jean said...

best shower ever! your mom did a great job. I loved the food, it was amazing! (great job matt's dad) that eggs benedict stuff was awesome!

Jessica Kettle said...

what an adorable shower!! i love the little mister's stuffed animals. SOOOO cute! I forgot that you painted a tree- was it super hard? did you draw then paint- or did you project?? I don't think I have the guts to do it with out one. I seriously have wanted to do it for a year now and have never had the guts. do share! I am cracking up over some of the similarities in our boys rooms- i guess rediculously amazing minds think alike- haha!

p.s. I bought some vintage owl salt shakers the other day and totally thought of you!