Monday, September 08, 2008

Lowered Immune system

I got a horrible cold early last week that knocked me out of any activity or work for a full 7 days. It was hard to cope with considering that the only thing that I could take safely was Tylenol which really did nothing for any of my symptoms other than add to the tiredness.


So, I survived on tons of fluids, small meals and good movies. I highly recommend one that I watched this week called Penelope. It is so cute! I am not one for chick flicks, but I am always up for a little fantasy every once in a while.


Other movies I rented were Philadelphia, which Matt cursed me for never having seen, and Miss Pettegrew Lives for a Day, which was also a cute movie, but slow.

PS- Does anyone else find themselves talking in english accents after watching movies with them? I do.

Regarding the pregnancy, I was thankful this week to not have morning sickness on top of my cold. I am still getting nauseous spells during the day, but it isn't anything I can't handle. Matt and I are heading into the clinic again today to get another ultrasound, and hopefully spot will have graduated to a little "gummy bear."

Pictures to come!

5 comments:

Colton said...

Strange...you're not the first person with a valid opinion to recommend that movie. A pig-nose? Seriously?

But I guess I have to watch it now. Your powers combined!

I love gummy bears. Did you know that you can stretch them out and lick them, and they totally dissolve and tear into pieces? I like to pretend that I am an X-man (?A member of the X-men?) and that I have acid saliva. Except you would have to get close enough to someone to lick them in order for it to do any good. Or become a really good spitter.

What the hell am I talking about? This is so unfathomably weird. Couldn't you have stuck with the sea monkey or tadpole analogy?

Lindsey said...

I think I am off Gummi Bears for a while, after colton's GRAFFIC analogy:) j/k.
Random....I had a dream about you and your family last night. I was a new years party, and long behold....you, matt, cory, and your parents were there. I was trying to get you guys to all smile for a family picture, but your dad won't sit still!! SO RANDOM!! it was a great little party. Thanks for coming:)

Lindsey said...

ps....sorry your so sick! I watched penelope a couple weeks ago when I was sick, but I fell asleep...I shall watch it again.
Another couple good flicks you might want to try....
* Vantage Point...different/good
* What happens in Vegas...chick flicky...but i still liked it...not LOVED it, but liked it
* The Holiday...I love that movie. Slower than cold molasses...but so cute!
Good luck and feel better. Say hi to the gummi bear for me:)

Stef said...

I've heard that's a good movie! hope your feeling better. I hate that there isn't many safe things to take, but the risk is well worth it. I usually don't even bother with tylenol because it like you said, does nothing or VERY little. Feel better. Cant wait for more pictures :)

The Dillon 6 said...

I hope you're feeling better!!

Dana just watched Toy Story...you might like it. ;)