Sunday, January 27, 2008

Housewarming Party

On Saturday, Matt and I invited our friends and family to attend a party at our new home. We sent out an evite to about 50 people in the area thinking that about half of them wouldn't be able to make it (as is with most parties). When over 40 people RSVP'd, we were a little worried that we weren't going to have the room, but we were happy to find out that our new home has a great "flow" and that having that many people over was not a problem at all.

I spent most of the week preparing for this night, making hors de'ouvres, buying a few decorations and making a sign for the front door. I was a little wired at the party, but I had a really great time.
We hooked up "Rock Band" for everyone to play, and it was a huge hit. The kids fought over it, while the adults casually "tried" out the instruments. My dad even got ahold of the mic at one point, while Malcolm rocked out the drums.
We couldn't find the drumsticks, so we improvised and used paint brushes and spoons. :)

Matt's parents went OVERBOARD with the food by making a Filipino dish called Lumpia that everyone loved. All of the food was wonderful, and I am happy that there was some left over for me to eat all by myself.
So many of our good friends were able to make it. It was fun to see all of them corresponding and conversing. Matt and I got to mingle in between house tours and even though we didn't get a chance to eat or sit down, we had such a blast!
Thank you to everyone that was able to make it, and we really missed those of you who couldn't. The house was NOT a disaster after ward, and nothing was broken or ruined (we were a little worried about all of our new stuff). I also want to thank my parents for arriving early to help out, even with headaches. My mom was a HUGE help with preparing the table and making sure that all of the food was out and full. Thank you to Ben and Jan for the gifts and for all the great food. We are so happy that we live close enough to see them more often.

Thank you to Matt for being such a great host, and helping out with the cleanup. He was happy that it didn't take too long!

6 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Your home is beautiful!

The Dillon 6 said...

we had a BLAST!! Thanks for including us in the fun. The kids keep asking when they get to set up a tent in the backyard so they can swim in the Lake...next week sound good? ;)

The Dillon 6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stef said...

looks like a great party, Your house is GEORGEOUS and so is your style, you need to deco my house! :) i LOVE the fireplace it looks like it shoulw be something in a magazine! fancy fancy! :)

Stef said...

looks like a great party, Your house is GEORGEOUS and so is your style, you need to deco my house! :) i LOVE the fireplace it looks like it shoulw be something in a magazine! fancy fancy! :)

Cari Thomas French said...

I love your new home! Congrats!! The fireplace niche' is my favorite - what a cute design! Who's your builder? (And btw - are you impressed? I now blog and post :-))