Monday, January 28, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley 1910-2008


"Its not every day the World loses the best person in it."
The Prophet passed away last night at the age of 97.
He had done so much good during his presidency, and he will be sincerely missed by so many. I loved the prophet, and its going to be very different without him here. Although I have faith that whoever is called to lead the church will do the lords will, I cant imagine anyone accomplishing as much as did President Hinckley.
I am thankful for the Temple, and for the opportunity to be sealed to our family. The picture above is President Hinckley and his wife who passed away in 2004. I am so grateful that they are together again, and I am truly blessed to have the gospel in my life.
"I am no longer a young man filled with energy and vitality. I am an old man. I'm given to meditation and prayer. I would enjoy sitting in a rocker, swallowing prescriptions, listening to soft music, and contemplating the things of the universe. But such activity offers no challenge and makes no contribution. I wish to be up and doing. I wish to face each day with resolution and purpose. I wish to use every waking hour to give encouragement, to bless those whose burdens are heavy, to build faith and strength of testimony."- President Gordon B. Hinckley.

4 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

Amen, my friend.

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I second the Amen. Nice tribute.

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I see you too....(even creepier voice) :-)

Jared and Paige said...

I'm glad to have found you. Your house is so cute! You are a great decorator. Your dog is cute too! And yes, sweet tribute to our prophet!