Friday, August 24, 2007

Back to Work

And just in time for the sun! What is that about!! I wouldn't have minded working while it was raining for a week, but now that I have a job, its beautiful. Oh well, I really needed a job, and I was blessed with a great one. I passed my resume onto Doug Dillon who works at a recruiting office called Volt. He then gave it to a few internal recruiters who then found me a job! I am now an Administrative Assistant at Volt in Redmond. I work with a really great lady, and I think we are going to work really well together. I am so busy already, and I needed a busy job so that the day goes by fast, and I can feel accomplished. So far the people that I work with are really fun, and I love having my own office area. I am really excited to get comfortable with my job. Right now I am still training, so its a little stressful, but I can tell its going to be the perfect fit for me.We had a company picnic last night at Juanita Bay Park, and it was really good for me to get to meet a few people out of the office. They had great food and fun games. Laurel and I got these really awesome "Glitter Tattoos". If these things were around when I was a girl, I would have been covered in them at all times. They are so cool! Matt and I got to jump around on the bouncy stage and we walked around the beautiful beach. Because Doug also works for Volt, the Dillon kids were at the party! It will be another excuse for me to see them, so thats another plus to the job.

5 comments:

Stef said...

I'm excited you got a job that you like! I hope all goes well with it! and thoes tatoos, way cool I'd have them all over too if i was younger!
ps. no charlie is a different parakeet!

The Dillon 6 said...

wahoo! Great photos! If I had realized the tats lasted so long I would ahve gotten one. Laurel's hoping hers lasts until at least the first day of school...

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Congrats on the new job! It's always nice to hear someone excited about their job and that they think it'll fit. Nothing worse than working at a job that is mediocre at best. Life's too short to work somewhere that isn't a good fit. I gave up my job at the end of June--after 3 yrs of working 50-70hr/wk was a drag. Thanks for the compliments on the house. Some of it has been fun--actually most of it! :-) It's certainly been a learning experience that's for sure!

Jessica Kettle said...

Yay! New jobs are always exciting. Are you doing design for Volt? What kind of company is it?

whitney said...

congrats on your new job. where in remond is it? i WANT/HAVE TO HAVE some of those glitter tatoos. who am i kidding, i would wear them everyday...now! i am glad to see that everything is going well for you! :)