Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Grease


While we were dating, Matt and I were involved in a production of Grease the musical. The theater that put it on is called Auburn Ave Dinner Theater, and they are going out of business at the end of this year, and its really sad to me. I have a lot of friends from there, and the people you work with in shows become family.

Grease took up a lot of our free time, but we loved it. Matt played the part of "Sunny" who is the dirty, teenage T-Bird that tries to act cool and cover up his immaturiy. Matthew played the part wonderfully!

I got the part of "Sandy" which was a miracle in itself! There were hundres of girls auditioning for her, and all of them were better than me at dancing. I thought for sure I was out, but then I got called back, and told they wanted me to be Sandra Dee! I couldnt belive it, but she was a great part, and it was so much fun working with everyone.

I am really going to miss being in shows at AADT. However, we made good friends that we still see, and Matt and I made a good impression on a director that works in other productions, so hopefully she will use us again.

Watch for us in Hollywood!

1 comment:

Arpie said...

I'm sure you guys enjoyed it a lot. I was the Angel in Grease once, I sang "Beauty School Dropout", it was loads of fun!