Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Adoption

My husband Matthew and I have started looking into adopting a deaf baby. We both use American Sign language and are very active in the deaf community here in Seattle. I have always felt like I should use sign more in my life, and when Matt mentioned that he wanted to adopt a deaf child, we both knew it was the right thing to do.

We have decided to have our own kids first, but there is definatly an adoption in our future. I have spoken to a few agencies in the area, and all are so amazing and supportive of our decision. There are so many special needs children out there, and it breaks my heart every time I read about one. I know I will be blessed to bring one into our lives.

As for now, we are just reading up on all the important facts and steps to adoption, and when the time is right, I know the Lord will bless us with the baby meant for our family.

No comments: