Thursday, June 04, 2009

Tiny feet, rejoice!


Sam has had to have blood taken at least one time every week since he was born, until now! His platelets are FINALLY at 200k, and they got there without another transfusion! We are thrilled that things are starting to be normal for him.


At his Doctors apointment this week, he weighed in at 10lbs and is 22 inches long. He is growing good and strong, and looking at him now I am so thankful that he didn't weigh this much at birth, which is what my Dr. had estimated.
He is starting to smile and coo and enjoy toys and music. He is keeping us very busy during the day (and night) but we are still thrilled to have him in our family!

4 comments:

The Powells said...

Hurray for Sam! I'm glad that things are good with him now - he's been in my prayers. He's as big as Emi is now!!!!! Way to go Sam.

Colton said...

Oh, I'm so glad! Having blood drawn or getting vaccinations or anything like that SUCKS!

Congratulations on your healthy baby. You two have been in our thoughts and prayers.

The Dillon 6 said...

way to go, Sam!!!

When you are no longer thrilled to have him in your family, please let us know ~ we'll love on him for you. :)

Stef said...

You look like you've been enjoying motherhood. He's adorable. You look GREAT. I wish I had looked that good after having my two! Congrats to sam! Glad all is going up for him. Love all the pictures!