Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A human resemblance

Sorry for the major lack in posting. This week has been packed full of chores and other responsibilities. I haven't even had a chance to take any pictures of anything. :(

We had an amazing ultrasound on Friday. When the Dr found the baby, it looked nothing like I had expected it to at this stage.

No body. No head. No appendages. No gummy bear.

I couldn't see anything! Dr. Sharmahd kept assuring us that everything was there and tried to point out all the body parts to me, but I just couldn't make them out. It simply looked like a cashew. We could clearly see the heart beating, which was wonderful, but I was hoping to finally see a little baby inside of me. I was heartbroken.

And then the doctor offered to wake the baby up. He put pressure on my stomach, and moved things around a little, to no avail. Then, I thought that I would give it a try. I softly poked at my bulge, when the Dr announced "You have to do it harder than that!".

So, I pushed and prodded and said, "Wake up baby!"

And then there it was. 2 legs. 2 arms and a beautiful little body. It stretched out in its little black space, kicked around a little attesting to the sudden shoving from his/her curious mother and then got comfortable again, and folded back up into the nut shape.

It was amazing. I couldn't do anything but cry, which not surprising is what I am doing now typing this. I loved that we were able to experience this together. Matt and I have not been able to stop thinking about what a blessing this was, and how thankful we are to finally have this little life, in ours.

6 comments:

Colton said...

Awww...you two are so adorable. I hope nothing bad ever happens to either of you ever again. Even though I know that is futile, you certainly deserve it. Nice people need their comeuppance, too.

Nick and Tiffany said...

What a magical moment :) I'm glad things are going well.

The Dillon 6 said...

amazing, huh???

Alycia said...

That is so cute! You made me start crying too. :) By the way, I heart your blog... check out the details on mine.

Shannon Hunnex said...

i hope it still comes out to be human. it is after all the spawn of an aprecio :)

allison said...

How fun. It is pretty crazy, huh?
Hey I need my kids pics taken. Email me when you get a chance. eastmanfamily44@yahoo.com