Sunday, October 19, 2008

Election Party

We have been very frustrated lately with the lack of information that the media is providing in this upcoming election.


So Matt and I held an election party at our home with about 20 of our friends. The point of the get together was to discuss hot topics regarding the presidential election. Everyone was given a topic to present (either for or against) and then we debated and discussed each one individually. It was a lot of fun, and I think that everyone walked out that night talking about how much they had learned.
And I walked away with TONS of great left over food! Thanks everyone who was able to attend!

5 comments:

Colton said...

This sounds like a good idea. I wish that someone I knew would throw an election party.

Sabs said...

such a great idea! and looks like super yummy food too:)

The Dillon 6 said...

did anyone hit anyone? politics are scary!! did it help you make up your mind??

Jessica Kettle said...

this is SUCH a good idea. I wish I could have come! I am having a really hard time deciding for sure. It definitely is hard to get straight answers about the issues.

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

hey thanks for the great idea! I am wondering what kinds of topics did you guys have. I think it would be great to put on an election party. I love to ready your blogs and see what fun ideas and things you guys have and do. I wish was as creative as you in coming up with things to do! You both look so good! We are excited about the baby and cant wait to know of the gender! we love you and miss you!