Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2nd Amendment

Some friends in our ward took us out Skeet Shooting with the Loftus's and we all had a great time! This was my first time shooting a gun, and I wasn't prepared for the "kick". I have the bruises to prove it!

However, I shot 8 out of 25 Skeets! I am pretty cool if I do say so myself. In the picture below, if you look really close, you can see the clay exploding from my shot. I didn't expect Alycia or I (Marlene had been a few times before) to shoot any since it was our first time, but we got plenty! Check out these ladies!
Matt got to start and he shot 9 "clay pigeons". Of course this event only solidified his want for a Remington, so that is what he will be asking for until Christmas comes. You can see the flame coming out of the barrel in this picture.
Eat a moose's heart out, Sarah Palin! Even though the picture is blurry, I had to share. I was feeling pretty tough with that shotgun.
Thanks to the Nebekers for taking us! We had a BLAST! (Get it?)

2 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

SO fun! I've only shot a bb gun, but I think I'd like to try something, you know, with more power. :)

Colton said...

Oh YEAH! A redneck activity! I'm so excited! I love shotguns! Clay pigeons are so much fun to shoot.

I don't even own a shotgun. Well, technically, I do, but I have no idea where it is or who has it these days.