Friday, February 15, 2008

My Valentine

This post goes out to Matty. He is the most wonderful husband, and I couldnt ask for more. Here are a few things that I love about him.He is so amazing. Everything he does is so cool to me, and all of the knowledge that he has is so humbling. He is not only book smart, but he knows so much about the gospel and about the little things in life, that I cant help but learn something new from him everyday.Matthew is The Man! He is so strong and so brave. He is willing to do anything that comes his way, and isnt affraid to try new things. He works hard at staying healthy and in shape, and at keeping me happy. (which isnt always easy!) He is always the first to set aside time for others which makes him a wonderful role model.
He is so attractive! Not only does he dress nice, but he is always clean shaven and he always smells so good. He has a good fashion sense, and puts me to shame in the shoe department. He is always in the best of moods. First thing in the morning he is sweet and happy and all through the day he is positive and laid back. There is never a time where he is hard to be around. Matt is my best friend. He is so easy to love and care about, and that is hard to come by. I have spent EVERY DAY with him for the past 2 1/2 years, and I am not even close to being tired of him. He knows me so well, and he still sticks by my side. Matty always gives the most heartfelt gifts and does the sweetest things be it making me a wonderful dinner or taking me out to Broadway musicals.
He has done so much for me, and last night was no exception!
Matt got home early to make me a dinner of Felet Mignon, spinach salad (complete with hand made croutons) peppers and rice. It was so good, like always. Then we watched some UFC DVD's that I got him for Valentines day, and then ate my first shot at making "Better than Sex Cake". I guess you can say I was a virgin. Ha!
"Better than Sex Cake" is a hard food to compliment your wife on. Do you say, "Mmm. Sure is good." meaning it IS better than sex, which only offends the competition of the cake? Or do you say, "Its good, but not better than sex" and show disrespect for the baked goods?
Anyway, it was tasty, and luckily there is a lot left over for Matt to enjoy when I have a headache :)
Happy Valentines day to everyone!

4 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

great post, hottie! Wer'e glad you two found each other. And great point on the cake...I hadn't thought of it that way!!

Stef said...

what a great post! and sweet too!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I agree with Stef...Sweet post...but look at the cutie he got. :-) It looks like a match made in heaven....

So, are you gonna post the recipe for the cake now that you have our attention?! :-)

Sabs said...

ha ha! You're hillarious:)