Monday, December 03, 2007

Snow

It started to snow on Saturday while I was out shopping with Courtney, and we had a fun time driving around in it. The picture above is Court making the sign for "Snow" during lunch at Kidd Valley.
Saturday night Matt and I took my parents, my brother and Alex out to dinner for my Moms birthday and for their help with the move. We ate at the Spaghetti Factory, and we had a great time. It took us a while to get home because Washingtonians freak out when there is anything other than concrete on the roads. When we did get home we played out in the snow with Brisbane and our neighbors Aussie, "Camo".

Sunday we slept in and then got some things done around the house. I was happy to be able to stay at home and rest since I have been fighting this awful cold for a week now. I will regret posting this next picture, but I thought that it was pretty funny. I fell asleep at about 4pm last night next to the fire with Princess. Look at us with our white socks...aww. :)We don't have furniture yet, so this is what I have to do for now. Not long after this picture was taken, she cuddled up next to me (which is very rare and exciting) and we slept for another hour or so. Princess is showing a lot of interest in going outdoors which is making Matt very happy. She does come in to eat and sleep, but we are hoping to get rid of the little box entirely.
Briz is LOVING the back yard and we will find her playing all by herself out there as long as she has a ball. Matt and I are still trying to get things unpacked and put away. We will also be trying to figure out furniture soon, but we can not agree on anything right now. He wants leather, I want fabric, and both of us are too stubborn to find a medium. But its still all very exciting!

5 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

YEAH!!! Glad you're all well ~ and that you're (apparently) not flooded out of your new place...I've been worried about ya'll up in the boondocks... ;)

Aubrey asked if we could visit you today...I said no, and she asked, "Oh ~ is it because they're putting furniture together?" I said yes, and she said, "That's OK, we can just play in their pool...if there is one..." I told her there isn't a pool, and she then said, "Oh that's OK, if they have a blow-up pool we can play in that for a hundred hours!"

Stef said...

too fun. love the pictures! As for furniture, go microfiber, they say stains come out of it with soap and water, my brother and sis in law have one and they say they haven't had anything not come out of it (and with two young kids that's pretty cool) that's what I want next!

The Dillon 6 said...

PS -- I'd go with leather furniture and fabric in the pillows & window treatments...Becca has had a nightmare experience with her micro-fiber ~ nothing comes out of it and when you wash it, it leaves a ring when it dries. With all those aminals and kids to come (at some point), leather is a good move!! :)

Colton said...

You need to get a fur couch! Its like leather, but with carpet on it! Man, I am such a genius.

And you look hilarious...its like you have narcolepsy.

I can empathize with you on the weather drivers. Last year Tucson got about half an inch of snow, and we barely survived. There were dozens of car accidents, even though it was only a couple of hours before it melted. I was expecting people to start looting soon.

Lindsey said...

I love the picture of you cuddled up next to the fire...you are like a little kitty!! As for the couch discussion...do what you want....just decorate cute! and make sure I have a spare bedroom to come stay in:)