Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sam visits Santa

We arrived at the mall today to see Santa. I had Sam practicing all morning what he was going to ask Santa for and he seemed very prepared.

"Buzz, Woody, Army Guy, Hamm and Jessie" were all on his list. What can I say, the kid loves himself some Toy Story.

When we got in line there were only a few families waiting ahead of us. Just as we turned the corner, Sam spotted Santa and ran straight for the Jolly man, cutting off 3 or 4 patiently awaiting children. He dove right into Santa's arms shouting "Santa! Buzz and Woody" and gave him a huge hug.

Luckily, all the other moms and workshop helpers were laughing along with me as tears of joy, laughter and embarrassment (quite the emotional cocktail) welled up in my eyes.

Oh, my little boy. Excitement to the extreme.

His Santa picture, although very cute, (doesn't Sam look dashing?!) does not do the moment justice. But I will always remember our 2011 Santa visit! How could I not?

2 comments:

ali kuhrau said...

I love the way he is picking at Santa's button! Such a cute pic of such a cute boy!

Colton said...

Hahaha...that is awesome. I suppose this reaction is better than the absolutely terrified kids bawling their eyes out.