Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Blessed with stress

Between work, mommy-hood and that wife thing, I am a little tuckered out. I am constantly wondering how I am going to accomplish everything that needs to be done by the end of the day. Most days, I fail. Other days I fail miserably. Sigh.

But, life goes on. Things get taken care of and we are blessed every day with the opportunity to try again.

I whine and complain but really life is pretty darned sweet with this fabulous guy at my feet. I am so thankful for everything his life brings into mine. Yes, even the work that it entails. When I think back on all the teary nights I cried for a baby, it actually makes me smile when I pick up his toys or put away his tiny shoes. Little reminders that I have EXACTLY what I prayed for.
3-1 044

2 comments:

Colton said...

And he isn't even an ugly kid, to boot!

Stepper the Mighty said...

Whenever I get to that place where I feel like my (often thankless) work as a wife/mother are impossible to accomplish, I think of this article:

http://diapersanddivinity.com/2010/11/16/a-womans-work-is-never-done/

I love the idea of the Savior sitting on the floor folding laundry with me while we talk.