Monday, April 19, 2010

Boy meets Chick

Today Sam and I assisted our friend Shannon with the purchase of her 4 new baby chickens. Sam was very entertained with the tiny birds and I was beyond thrilled when Shannon asked me to name them. (I LOVE naming things.)
Here we are with "Teriyaki" and Turk.Here, Sam is meeting "Dijon." Sam liked "Barbecue" the best......and decided that she deserved a hug. (Not pictured is "Alfredo" the white chicken.)
While Shannon and I put together a box for the chicks, I let Sam play in the dirt. It wasn't long before he decided to have a taste. Luckily, he didn't like it at all.

6 comments:

whitney said...

LOVE that last shot. he is getting to be so big. hope to see you guys soon!

Colton said...

Hahaha...snort. That made me laugh.

I love baby chicks, have I ever told you that? I'm going to go with "no", since I've never really "told" you anything. I think I've only ever directly spoken with you one on occasion in our entire lives...weird.

Anyway, I used to hatch them out in an incubator and raise them to adulthood. I was SUCH a nerd; I can even SPEAK chicken. They only know like six sounds, but that doesn't really make it less dorky.

The Dillon 6 said...

how fun!

God made dirt; it won't hurt.

:)

The Cox Trio said...

Sure hope Turk doesn't decide that he likes the taste of chicken...

merideth said...

i love that last shot... what a cute face. and your naming of the chicks is awesome. love it.

Kathryn said...

love the names! lol was someone hungry! They definitly fit though