Monday, September 07, 2009

Block Party 09

My family has had a block party every labor day weekend for 9 years now. Its a big deal in our family, and there have been some very important events that have taken place at this very party. First off, 4 years ago the block party was one of our first dates, and the first time my parents met Matt. Then last year, I announced that I was pregnant over the microphone. Dad-"Do you have some news you would like to share Holly?" Me-"Why don't you tell them Grandpa."

Then of course, this year was Sam's first time experiencing the tradition. He loved every minute of it and you better believe that my mom enjoyed showing him off to everyone as well.
Although the weather wasn't at its best, we sure had a fun time. The food was great as always, and the band impressed us with some new songs. We got to hang out with friends, and meet some new ones, all the while enjoying the sound of classic rock played by The About Face Band.
This year was especially fun for my dad who got to meet up with some old high school buddies. I asked them if they were surprised that he was still wearing tie die and singing in bands, and they all laughed "no". I for one am glad he never grew up :)
The Hilltop High School gang.

Hopefully, being the 10th year in a row, the next block party will be just as much fun and eventful as the last few have been.

2 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

I'm sorry we missed it. :( But it looks like it was fun! :)

Alycia said...

I'm sad we missed it again too. Hopefully next year. :)