Wednesday, April 01, 2009

APRIL!

The month that we have been planning and preparing for is finally here. Its so exciting to say that we are going to have our little boy THIS MONTH!
We have everything we need for his arrival, so now we just wait for him to decide when that will be. Obviously I have been trying to persuade him that sooner is better than later, but its all up to him!


Since I started "nesting" as soon as I saw the pink plus symbol, the nursery has been ready for months. There are a few finishing touches that are still needed, but we are happy with how it turned out.
Grandma Bailey (my mom) found these for us around Christmas time. They are supposed to be ornaments, but I think they are adorable purched on the edge of the crib.Matt and I put this dresser/changing table together ourselves with the frame from Ikea and the drawers from Target. Matt designed the shelves and organized all the little trinkets and books.I painted this bird trio a few months ago. I am hoping to do some more artwork for his room when I find the time.These owl figurines were sent to me by my grandma. She had a ton of them that she had collected over the years, so I am so excited to have some real family heirlooms in his room.This little one was found by Grandpa Aprecio on a trip to Mexico.I saw this cute coat hook, and had to have it. I LOVE coo coo clocks, but Matt thinks they're creepy. So we settled on this one, and Im glad we did. It works so well with the theme.
I cant wait to add one more little thing to this room...

17 comments:

Mark and Amy said...

Super cute!I love how you did his name on the canvases-so creative!

merideth said...

so cute. love all of the colors. that little baby is going to be one lucky boy.
can't wait to see how cute he is going to be!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

lucky lucky boy!!! Can't wait to meet him!!!

Colton said...

One more thing? Whatever could that be?!?!

Seriously, though, it looks amazing. And it will be several months before your kid is old enough to start moving around and tearing that room to smithereens.

Candace Nelson said...

HIS ROOM IS SO CUTE!!!!

The Cox Trio said...

Holly you never cease to amaze me! I have seen the room coming together for months but it just keeps getting better! I really need to get Eli's name up on his wall maybe I'll attempt that this weekend... I cannot wait to meet SAM!!!

The Cox Trio said...

Oh yeah, we figured it out... Eli was born at 37 weeks 4 days so Sam could be here in five days and be totally fine and healthy like Eli was... :-)

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

I love the room!! Its so cute!!

Sabs said...

oh my gosh! the cutest room i've ever seen!!! love the tree!!!

The Owens said...

This is SO AWESOME! You really have an eye for decorating! I LOVE IT!

Shannon Hunnex said...

so cute! good job babe im proud of you!! get lots of rest and try to keep comfy, so excited for you! i told my boss to be on standby that if i start sobbing and run to the door and leave work in the middle of the day, its because of my very pregnant best friend ready to pop!!!!

Crawford's Corner's said...

Holly: Sooooo cute! Did you do it yourself? You are very talented!!!

April said...

This is one of the cutest nurseries I have ever seen! Good job :)

Michelle Williams said...

Holly your nursery is a work of ART, beautiful!!! Samantha and I loved his name too, LOL, great choice!

I hope it's an easy birth of a very healthy boy, HUGS!

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

We just love the room! Okay you need to come and decorate our home with you interior decorating skills! I am surprised you arent one! Something to think about cause its def a work of art! We are excited to see the new one arrive! Imagine, he is saying all his goodbyes to all his family and friends up there to say hello to you and Matt! We love you guys!

carlen said...

i linked to your blog through merideth's a few months ago and was amazed by your artistic and photographic talents and creativity! your nursery turned out absolutely darling! best wishes for the approaching delivery and the thrill of bringing the lucky little guy home!

Alix said...

HOLLY!
Oh My GOSH! This is the CUTE-EST room EVER! So creative! I love it! I love the little owls by his crib and those letters on that fabric! AH! I may copy those ideas... :)