Saturday, April 11, 2009

38 Week OB

This week the Dr checked me for dilation since I have been having contractions, and I am measuring ahead of schedule. However, my cervix is still closed. I told him about all my attempts at labor, and he gave me a few more to try. If I am not progressing by next week, we are going to talk about induction or doing something more invasive to get this labor going. My blood pressure is also up, so he told me that I need to take it easy.



My Weight: 158lbs

His Heart Rate: 154bpm

Dilation: 0cm


The baby has stayed very active even though there is little room to move around inside of me. Last night we happened to have the camera handy when he decided to stretch out. This picture is real, and yes, it is VERY uncomfortable when he does this.
So gross! I am so happy that he is strong and healthy, but I am so ready to see him move and wiggle without having to feel it happening inside of me. Oh baby, please come out. There is a lot more room out here!

5 comments:

Sabs said...

oh my that pic is soooo crazy! hope he comes out soon!!

Colton said...

Awesome! That reminds me of this weird picture that I saw once...let me see if I can find it.

http://www.maternitysecret.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/count-fetal-movement-294x300.jpg

The Dillon 6 said...

have you ever had a big baby shift that through you off balance while walking??

Listen to the doctor, Hottie. Do what he says, cause right now he's the boss. In another 7 days (that's right, MY birthday), that boy will be OUT and then HE'LL be the boss. And you can breathe a sigh of relief.

We love you!!

The Powells said...

AHAHAH - don't you love all the weird stuff that happens to your body when your baby is BIG and still in there? Do take it easy though...he'll come out soon enough and they'll you'll be LOVING life. (I'll keep checking your blog daily to see when you have him though....)

Stef said...

I love all the attempts. I did them all too. Nothing worked except the Castor oil....NASTY but it worked, 24 hrs later I was in labor.