Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Start of November

I have been able to accomplish so much in the last week.

How does she find the time, you ask?

I am not working. My contract ended at The Gates Foundation earlier than expected and without warning or explanation, but I know that everything happens for the best. For one, I did a little budget review, and it was costing me $500 a month in gas to drive to Seattle. Hopefully my next job will be a little closer to home. Secondly, I was having a very hard time sleeping the last few weeks, and work was stressing me out more than I really needed. So, I am feeling much more energized and healthy now that I can sleep with a little less worry.

I am also feeling very positive about everything after hearing my baby's heartbeat for the first time on Monday. I have seen it in ultrasounds, but at the last Doctors appointment I had, I got to hear it. Loud, clear and healthy. I am so thankful for that. We also set a date to find out the gender! I can not wait to start calling "it", "he" or "she".

So, even though things aren't working out as planned in the employment department, things are working out. I was able to help a neighbor out last night, and get the house cleaned and dinner made for Matty, who has been doing that for too long, and finally, I got started on the nursery.

I have had the design in my head ever since I found out I was pregnant, so it is so exciting to see it come to life! Our theme is "owls" but I don't want to go too overboard with them so right now I am just working on painting the walls and cleaning out the closet. I will get to the trinket buying when I have money again :)

Each wall is a different shade of green or brown that matches the rug, and then there is a cute tree painted on the wall right next to where the crib will be. I am in LOVE with it. I couldn't be happier with how well it turned out.Here are the dogs, Brimley and Brisbane modeling the final product. They have really enjoyed having me home to play with them all day.I am hoping to get a few more things finished around here before I head into job interviews and the working world. I love being able to get things done, but it doesnt bring in the money!

13 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

i'm glad that you have found a positive spin on this unfortunate string of events...

I think you should offer basic mural services to other expectant parents... You are VERY talented!! :)

Jessica Kettle said...

this is cracking me up, max's rug looks super similar to your baby's (different colors), the wall color you chose is a color I use a lot in Max's room, and I have been wanting to paint a tree on his wall forever! I just don't have the guts to pull the trigger (I'm not an artist like you are!). Great minds must think alike. Hehe! I wish I lived closer so I could hire YOU to paint it for me! =)

Kathryn said...

I love it.

Colton said...

I like the idea of owls, that is awesome. Masculine enough, but still a little tom-boyish if needed. Good choice. As long as they aren't Spotted Owls. Then the environmentalists would kick your baby out and make a refuge of the place.

Good luck job-hunting! I just quit mine, too! Yeah! Although I'm not going to have time for another one until after the Holidays.

Alycia said...

That turned out so good! I can't wait to see it in person. :)

The Cox Trio said...

The tree is beautiful! Love it! Cannot wait to paint the circles with out baby's name soon... Speaking of which, I've been on bed rest for one afternoon and hate it! Ah well, I'll give my fellow non-working friend a jingle today. :-)

BENDEL FAMILY said...

HI GUYS!

CHAD AND I CREATED A BLOG (YA, I KNOW... ABOUT TIME!) ANYWAY, WOULD LOVE FOR YOU GUYS TO SEE AND GIVE ANY IDEAS... WE LOVE YOU!

STEPH AND CHAD

P.S. YOUR ROOM IS LOOKING VERY PRETTY!

Shannon Hunnex said...

loooove it. does this mean you dont need help anymore? good thing i didnt help with the tree because i would have probably painted some kind of pruning nightmare shrubbery by mistake.

Alix said...

oooo... I LOVE THAT! come paint my walls!

Sabs said...

these are fabulous!

Marissa said...

That room looks so cute. We painted our nursery a boring, neutral color. This post of yours makes me want to do something creative with it...I'll have to see what I can come up with. I have sewn my own crib sheet, working on a bumper, as well as drapes...but that is as far as my creativity goes.

Loni said...

I don't think I knew you painted. Maybe I did, but I musy have forgotten. You did an AMAZING job! I wish we could paint where we live right now. Will you post more tummy pics? It's so exciting!

Stef said...

i agree it's always nice having the time to get things done but the lack of income can be a bummer! Are you going to work after baby aprecio is born? the tree looks good. i wish i had some of that talent! glad your doing better, enjoy the sleep now. I'm not sleeping more than 30 min at a time. I'm ready for this girlie to arrive!!